Switching Plans

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So I am under my parents plan as I have UDP, I did the BB method last year, and am under contract til February. My dad is thinking about going to the more everything plan with the 10GB deal (ends today). Do you think there would be any way Verizon would either let me keep my UDP and they just share the 10gb (then I go on it when my contract is over) or let me lose my UDP end my contract and upgrade.

I plan on going to the store later today, but wanted to ask you guys first

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe they can switch and you can stay separate. I will get one of Verizon guys in here to be sure though :D.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... the problem with someone at the store is that you might get three different answers from three different people.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Call them and ask. I am not sure if they would allow more everything with the old plan on the same account. You might have to move your parent's lines to a different account for more everything.

But I think that you should be ok with unlimited data. I have transferred liability of both individual lines and lines in my legacy family share plan without affecting unlimited on the other lines.

Your situation is a little different as you would have to convert to an individual plan . worse case just add another dumb phone line then move your parent's lines to another account.

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... the problem with someone at the store is that you might get three different answers from three different people.

haha i know

Also, I don't really care if I lose my unlimited to be honest, I'm not even using 2 gigs each month, and they won't use more than 2 gigs between them, I just don't wanna lose my unlimited really til I can get a new phone (have the Note 3)

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
So I am under my parents plan as I have UDP, I did the BB method last year, and am under contract til February. My dad is thinking about going to the more everything plan with the 10GB deal (ends today). Do you think there would be any way Verizon would either let me keep my UDP and they just share the 10gb (then I go on it when my contract is over) or let me lose my UDP end my contract and upgrade.

I plan on going to the store later today, but wanted to ask you guys first

Yes there is a way. Have your line be moved into it's own sub-account. This will allow you to keep unlimited and allow the other lines to move into a More Everything.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes there is a way. Have your line be moved into it's own sub-account. This will allow you to keep unlimited and allow the other lines to move into a More Everything.
Personally I am weary of having the unlimited line touched in any manner. Verizon could mess it up and it could be a headache to resolve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87