Best Options for no-contract phones under $300

droidianslip

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi
My wife and I have unlimited data and have been nursing along our Driod Razr M XT907s for several years now and are ready for something new or at least new to us.

I have read some of the ways to get an upgrade while maintaining unlimited data but don't think any will work as we don't have a 3rd donor line.

So we'll be looking to buy something off contract and I am wondering what is the best right now for under $300 a unit.

I'm interested in something that is going to be fast and smooth with good reception (we live in a rural area).

Thanks!

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X '14 is a good choice. It's $299 brand new straight from Motorola website.
I would also recommend you look again at the Verizon plan pricing. Do you really use that much data that it makes sense to keep paying for unlimited?

Posted via the Android Central App

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi
My wife and I have unlimited data and have been nursing along our Driod Razr M XT907s for several years now and are ready for something new or at least new to us.

I have read some of the ways to get an upgrade while maintaining unlimited data but don't think any will work as we don't have a 3rd donor line.

So we'll be looking to buy something off contract and I am wondering what is the best right now for under $300 a unit.

I'm interested in something that is going to be fast and smooth with good reception (we live in a rural area).

Thanks!

If you are willing to go $100 more per phone, the new Moto X Pure Edition will be released in September. That has a starting point of $399.

Also, it is possible to do some of the loop holes with just two unlimited lines.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X '14 is a good choice. It's $299 brand new straight from Motorola website.
I would also recommend you look again at the Verizon plan pricing. Do you really use that much data that it makes sense to keep paying for unlimited?

For some the unlimited data is needed and for others it's just piece of mind.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
For some the unlimited data is needed and for others it's just piece of mind.

I understand. But most of the peace of mind people I've met use like 2gb a months. That peace of mind is costing them hundreds per year. And once they understand that they switch. I'm just saying he should check it out. My hunch is that someone using a Razr M Isn't using a ton of data.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand. But most of the peace of mind people I've met use like 2gb a months. That peace of mind is costing them hundreds per year. And once they understand that they switch. I'm just saying he should check it out. My hunch is that someone using a Razr M Isn't using a ton of data.

When he upgrades, he might end up using more data as things would be much more speedy on a more current device and the larger screen would be more attractive for media.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
On slickdeals.net the other day they had a brand new LG G3 verizon for $250. Might want to consider that as well

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you just want something cheap, the Moto e 2nd gen for $50ish is pretty decent, way better than the razr m.

droidianslip

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site

sorry for the late reply... but I do use a lot of data, I stream google music for around 4gb per month and then during the summer I swap the sim into a hotspot when I'm up at my camp, we get perfect 4g reception even though there is no broad band available. On a month where we're up every weekend and the kids are having a netflix-fest we might top 50gb.... so yeah sometimes I do use a lot of data.

Anyways with the price increase this month it seems like it's time to let go and move on to one of the other plans..