Should I do another 2 year contract?

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Is Verizon still doing 2 year contracts? Ours is up in a month. We're currently paying about $130 month for 2 lines but only 3GB data. Can we do better? Wife really wants the iPhone 7 while I'm wanting the Note 7.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Which plan are you on? Assuming The current Verizon plan is 4gb/$50 plus $20 /line account access ($40/line if on contract).

Just see what deal you can get and see what's better over 2 years.

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Does it cost a lot more per month to do a contract and getting a subsidized phone vs going prepaid?

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently paying off a Note 5 that I got in November, month to month, without any contract. That was what I requested back then and that's what I've got. I can pay off the balance at any time but it's at no interest.

With all the changes in UDP from back in November to another round now...

After seventeen years with Verizon, I don't trust them one iota and whenever I need something from them, I get everything in writing, along with names and contact info.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently paying off a Note 5 that I got in November, month to month, without any contract. That was what I requested back then and that's what I've got. I can pay off the balance at any time but it's at no interest.

With all the changes in UDP from back in November to another round now...

After seventeen years with Verizon, I don't trust them one iota and whenever I need something from them, I get everything in writing, along with names and contact info.

I do that with most carriers / ISP. Especially when they offer deals. Never hurts to really do it with anything in life so they can't call you a liar in the future.

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Just remember, the charge per line is $20 if you finance the phone (plus the monthly amt for the phone) . It's $40 per line if you subsidize the phone with a 2 year contract. It could make financial sense to enter into a contract, especially if you hit one of the deals like $150 off, bringing the upfront cost to $50 for example. You lose some flexibility though.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Just remember, the charge per line is $20 if you finance the phone (plus the monthly amt for the phone) . It's $40 per line if you subsidize the phone with a 2 year contract. It could make financial sense to enter into a contract, especially if you hit one of the deals like $150 off, bringing the upfront cost to $50 for example. You lose some flexibility though.

I only pay $20.00 per line even when financing the entire amount at no interest with no contract.

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I only pay $20.00 per line even when financing the entire amount at no interest with no contract.

Plus the monthly cost of the phone, right. If you chose to enter a service contract and get a subsidized phone, then the price per line should be $40. Either way, they get you for approximately the same amount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress