Chances of getting a discount

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
So I've decided to jump the Android boat and go back to BlackBerry. I got my Droid in Nov what do you think the chances are that Verizon will offer me some kind of discount like 1 year pricing when I get my BlackBerry?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think there's any chance, honestly. They are usually pretty strict about discounts. You might have to pursue other avenues (e.g., eBay) if you want to pay the discounted price.

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't think your gonna get a discount. However did you take good care of your droid? Use a cover and such? Especially if you used a cover, and protection, and kept it in great condition. You can always sell your droid on ebay and maybe buy a blackberry on ebay, and probably cut pretty much even.

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why I can't just give everything back to verizon and get my blackberry at a discount. They could easily sell it since I have the box and everything.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I realize your phone might be in pristine condition, but there's no way I would want Verizon selling me a phone that someone had previously owned since November. In fact, the idea of getting any used phone makes me uncomfortable. When I buy a phone, and pay as much money as they are selling for, I expect it to come directly from the factory.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Correct. In fact that's what Verizon does with phone's that are returned/exchanged within the 30-day worry free guarantee period. If they extended that to 90-days, they would probably have a pretty unprofitable inventory of "like new" phones. Who knows, they might make an exception for you though. All you can do is ask.

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
So I went in to Verizon and they gave me the 1 year price for a Tour. So now I have a Droid to get rid of so if anyone wants a Droid PM me.

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
So I went in to Verizon and they gave me the 1 year price for a Tour. So now I have a Droid to get rid of so if anyone wants a Droid PM me.
They gave you 1 year price, and let you keep the Droid? They did you pretty good there. Must have spoke to the right person indeed. Well if you must get rid of Droid fast, I'll take it at no charge, lol. But I'm guessing there will be a lot of better offers than that. So your probably will break way more than even since you got a discount and still got a phone to cell.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Your best bet will be to sell your current phone and purchase a BlackBerry. You should be able to make it an even deal that wont cost you anything depending which model you are looking to move to.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why I can't just give everything back to verizon and get my blackberry at a discount. They could easily sell it since I have the box and everything.
e

It doesn't work that way, cel phones once used can never be sold as new again and since VZW does not sell refurnished phones all they can do is have it refurbished and used as a warranty replacement. That's a net loss of over $400 for them since warranty replacements only have a value of about $100 and this is a $560 phone. Not gonna happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez