S6 Wifi calling problems: Hand-off and random dropped calls

DTPLeader

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I have a Galaxy S6 with Wifi calling/HD Voices enabled. When I am at home, the phone aggressively jumps off of LTE over to Wifi within 60 seconds of placing a call. When it does this, the person on the other end can't hear me for a few seconds, or vice versa... it's not a clean transition at all. Someone always notices it. Once it's going though, it's fine. Great audio....

except sometimes the call randomly drops a little later on in the call.

Incoming calls never drop. Only outgoing ones.

Any experiences or ideas on this?

GraCal

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I have a Galaxy S6 with Wifi calling/HD Voices enabled. When I am at home, the phone aggressively jumps off of LTE over to Wifi within 60 seconds of placing a call. When it does this, the person on the other end can't hear me for a few seconds, or vice versa... it's not a clean transition at all. Someone always notices it. Once it's going though, it's fine. Great audio....

except sometimes the call randomly drops a little later on in the call.

Incoming calls never drop. Only outgoing ones.

Any experiences or ideas on this?

I use my phone (S7) for work 100% of the time. My phone was doing the same thing so I called VZW (poor to ok reception at my house). Simple solution: put your phone in airplane mode and the calls will stay on wifi 100% of the time. As long as you have a wifi connection you should not have anymore issues. My sales team told me that I sound like I'm standing next to them. Hopefully this works for you as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984