Mass Text and Carriers

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if carriers can block mass text messages? I use the app Group Text to message my employees. I own a national construction company and we send out mass texts to approximately 500 people per week, on occasion more. The Group Text app sends out individual messages to each person in the designated group. For instance most of our groups have up to 100 members. The app will fire out 100 individual messages over about a 2 minute span.

My question is do some carriers block mass texts like this? Some of my employees are saying the texts are not coming in. It seems to only affect AT&T customers from what I can tell, and some Verizon users. The individuals in question get SMS and MMS under normal circumstances from my number just now when sending the mass text. The number used for this mass/rapid fire texting is a VZW number. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if carriers can block mass text messages? I use the app Group Text to message my employees. I own a national construction company and we send out mass texts to approximately 500 people per week, on occasion more. The Group Text app sends out individual messages to each person in the designated group. For instance most of our groups have up to 100 members. The app will fire out 100 individual messages over about a 2 minute span.

My question is do some carriers block mass texts like this? Some of my employees are saying the texts are not coming in. It seems to only affect AT&T customers from what I can tell, and some Verizon users. The individuals in question get SMS and MMS under normal circumstances from my number just now when sending the mass text. The number used for this mass/rapid fire texting is a VZW number. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Maybe look into getting your own short code service number to do mass texting?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87