Samsung 21+ can't receive or send group texts or picture texts

mallomar

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung 21+ (bought new). Had the same problem on my previous Samsung Note 5.

I can't send or receive a text that contains a picture or a group text. I'm not great with technology so I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this. Tried some suggestions I found online, but nothing changed.

Husband thinks it's because I use an app called Truecaller that helps identify spam calls and messages. I suppose I could uninstall Truecaller to see if that solves the problem with group/picture texts. Should I try that? I really like how it handles the spam and lets me easily block spam.

Thanks for any suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, can you make sure your mobile data is turned on? MMS messages (picture texts and group texts) require mobile data, not just the voice signal.

mallomar

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Mobile data is turned on. I uninstalled Truecaller and restarted the phone. Checked to make sure Mobile data is still turned on.

Still can't receive or send texts with photos.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Mobile data is turned on. I uninstalled Truecaller and restarted the phone. Checked to make sure Mobile data is still turned on.

Still can't receive or send texts with photos.
Try resetting network in settings>general management>reset >reset network. This will delete WiFi password

mallomar

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Try resetting network in settings>general management>reset >reset network. This will delete WiFi password

This might be too complicated for me. I'm old and not very smart. Is the WIFI password the password for my router? Or something else? I'd need to make sure I have the password before I start fiddling with trying to reset the network.

Maybe I should just go to a Verizon store and see if they can fix it for me. This is way out of my wheelhouse.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If my APN settings were wrong, wouldn't I have other problems (other than the text issues)? Carrier is Verizon.

One of the APN settings is for the MMS server, so if that's incorrect, it could affect MMS messages like picture and group texts. But I also know that with Verizon, it can be tricky to access the APN settings and edit them if needed. At this point, I agree -- it may be best to bring the phone in to your local Verizon store and see if they can help you there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This might be too complicated for me. I'm old and not very smart. Is the WIFI password the password for my router? Or something else? I'd need to make sure I have the password before I start fiddling with trying to reset the network.

Maybe I should just go to a Verizon store and see if they can fix it for me. This is way out of my wheelhouse.
Definitely can do that if your not familiar with this stuff.

mallomar

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Definitely can do that if your not familiar with this stuff.

Thought I had replied already, but apparently I didn't. I went to Verizon last month and it took two people an hour to figure it out! But they got it fixed. Photo texting and group texting now works. Thanks for all the responses.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thought I had replied already, but apparently I didn't. I went to Verizon last month and it took two people an hour to figure it out! But they got it fixed. Photo texting and group texting now works. Thanks for all the responses.
You know what they did?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana