help installing VEGAntab

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My tab should be here within the next hour. I want to put vegantab on it, but have one question: can someone please post a step by step with links for the clockworkmod download that actually works on this system (and HOW to root it?)? I have the VEGAntab file downloaded, and I know how to flash something once I have clockworkmod installed, but i CANNOT find which clockwork to use (i know its not the new orange text one), and i do not know how to root this device (rooted my Samsung Epic 4g with a .bat file that rooted and installed clockworkmod all in one click, so i dont know how to actually root).

thank you for any help!!!

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My tab should be here within the next hour. I want to put vegantab on it, but have one question: can someone please post a step by step with links for the clockworkmod download that actually works on this system (and HOW to root it?)? I have the VEGAntab file downloaded, and I know how to flash something once I have clockworkmod installed, but i CANNOT find which clockwork to use (i know its not the new orange text one), and i do not know how to root this device (rooted my Samsung Epic 4g with a .bat file that rooted and installed clockworkmod all in one click, so i dont know how to actually root).

thank you for any help!!!

Here's one I wrote up on another forum:

[HOW TO]: Root, Install a Custom ROM, Fix the Market, and Update Flash - Android Forums

lots more g-tab support over there as well.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any advice on the best mod to use? I have downloaded all of them, but still havent installed one yet. Thanks.

It really depends on what you like. I prefer VeganTAB, but many also like TnT Lite. Both are very capable ROMS. VeganTAB is probably the one I would suggest if you are already familiar with Android. Most things works the same. TnT keeps some quirks from the stock TapnTap UI (Settings, big notification bar). VeganTAB is also moving to CyanogenMod 7 source next. This should clear up a lot of the little lingering issues.

I didn't mention the CM6 or Zpad ROMs only because I haven't really played with either of them.

The best thing to do is to load one up and then try another until you find one that you really like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38