New update makes my phone go haywire

mistuhgooglypoo

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have updated my HTC evo V 4g with the new firmware update and my phone has just been having all sorts of problems. I cant download apps,my signal has been flaky and worst of all my phone has been freezing on me up to the point where I cant even turn it on. I would just like to know how to remove this update with rooting being my last resort. Thanks

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You are SOL if you don't get s off.

One thing to try though, disable connection manager and reboot. See if that helps

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Cartman90045

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. After the system update, I cannot get 4G to work -- it just goes to 'turning on' then immediately back to off (where it used to work fine in my area) Also, wi-fi now says 'error' and will not start. I have unchecked the Connections Optimize box, reboot after battery out, but it did not help.

I still have root but I am not S-Off. Can I reload an older image or is there anything else to do to get the phone working again?

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you need s off to downgrade firmware....I could be wrong though

Assume you updated prl and profile

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

dschlemmer318

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
has anyone checked to see if vm is tracking data usage since the update. it is tracking on mine but not my girlfriends phone that hasn't been updated. To go back firmware you have to run the RUU

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non