Is there a way to change the battery indicator once rooted?

nobletype

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I flashed with the ROM here, and it works pretty well so far. The problem with me is that I'm obsessed with battery level and I always tend to look over at the battery number on the top right since the new rom, whereas before it changed in intervals of 10 or 20. Is there a way to remove or change the battery indicator so it goes back to the default instead of numerically?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ah I'm guessing you flashed my Stock backup? Yeah, there are several ways... find someone with the stock framework-res.apk and copy it onto your phone in the appropriate directory. Use the uot kitchen to flash a new theme, etc. Unfortunately I lost my stock Framework-res.apk backup and SystemUI.apk backup :/ ... I'm sure someone on here has it. You could also just flash the team hydro rom...

nobletype

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey there,

I actually am using the Team Hydro Gelato 11-28 rom, and they have the numerics in theirs too. I was thinking of using yours or that one, but I haven't seen any change log the Optimus Q rom does (or I must have just not seen it) over the stock, so I went with the other one. With that said, I thank you for the reply. I suppose looking for the stock Framework-res.apk should work for either one? I'll take a look into that. Thanks, man.

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
hi,

you can find the framework-res.apk under system/framework so just find it using Astro, copy it to the root of your SD card, and pput it on your computer via usb.

also, if you're using UOT Kitchen, you also need the SystemUI.apk which is located in system/app and do the same thing.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
:/ dont flash anything built for a different rom/phone on your phone... I already watched one person likely brick their device.

nobletype

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys! I've just heard of UOT kitchen from this topic, so let me know if this makes sense:

Get both the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk from the 11-28 gelato rom I got from here and upload it to UOT Kitchen, then modify the battery and download the new zip file and flash that. My logic is use these files from the 11-28 rom I'm currently using since it doesn't matter if it's stock or not; it's going to be edited to my liking anyway (without the percentage)

:/ dont flash anything built for a different rom/phone on your phone... I already watched one person likely brick their device.

I'm a bit confused from this. Is there something I'm missing? Would flashing from those apk files from the 11-28 rom I'm currently using be bad?

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. If the ROM zip is on your computer, you can just find the apks there for UOT Kitchen.

You just flash the theme like a ROM, and to revert back you reflash the actual ROM again. I also know that you can flash themes over themes, and the old effects will be wiped and the new effects will take place, so if you updated your theme and want to flash it there's no need to reflash the ROM.

Oh, and make sure to wipe your Dalvic cache and cache before flashing anything.

nobletype

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I'm still a little confused on why jcole20 was very particular on using the stock ROM for UOT Kitchen, hopefully he can chime in soon.

I'd imagine that using just these two files wouldn't mess with the optimizations and what-have-you that the 11-28 gelato ROM gives over stock? I'm all knew to this, I just recently started getting into phone modding. :p

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I used Gelato and the UOT Kitchen together with no problems.

And don't worry, everyone starts somewhere, and when they do, it's good to ask questions. We don't bite :3

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
huh? no I just didn't want you to flash the theme I built off the Team Hydro LG L55C build on your phone. Also, getting the stock framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk are going to allow you to get the true stock icons (that is if you are using the stock rom... if you're using the Team Gelato rom, getting the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk files from the downloaded .zip associated with that rom will allow you to restore animations, icons, etc to stock (gelato) as UOT doesn't use LG's stock icons / Gingerbread's stock icons in their kitchen... Enjoy UOT! It's quite addictive.

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I flashed with the ROM here, and it works pretty well so far. The problem with me is that I'm obsessed with battery level and I always tend to look over at the battery number on the top right since the new rom, whereas before it changed in intervals of 10 or 20. Is there a way to remove or change the battery indicator so it goes back to the default instead of numerically?

OMG... I thought I was the only one. :eek: (Now to read the rest of the replies to see if I can fix this without staying up until midnight.) LOL

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Kitchen is pretty cool! However, after messing around with what I want... when I get to the File Upload page, what options should I choose? I don't want to mess up my phone. :)

These are the options:

Select flashable zip scripting
- Edify scripting
- Amend scripting

Flashing folders for system files
(this I understand)

Patch9 autofix
(I'll leave this checked because I don't know what I am doing.)

ThemeChooser Preview
Do I need hdpi or mdpi?

Kitchen's settings (optional) Do I need to select these?
- Download settings
- Upload settings

Select your rom from kitchen's list, or upload your own files
- Kitchen's list
- Upload system files <- I want this one, right?
- Upload CM7 theme

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You don't have theme chooser on your phone. Thats a cyanogenmod setting. So uncheck the box next to it.

Leave the scripting to Default

You need to upload your own framework-res.apk (str8 off the rom you're using) and the SystemUI.apk (str8 off hte rom youre using)

Also, remember your phone is mdpi so if you're changing something applicable select mdpi.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Edify: Leave it at MTD

Just an fyi, if you're themeing the signal icons int his process.. I dont think the kitchen will do that for you (at least it wouldn't with my optimus q (l55c)). You need to manually go into the .apk using 7-zip or WinRar and rename the signal icons in drawable-mdpi folder. The signal bar icons are in the SystemUI.apk on my phone... id think they're the same for yours. You do this by extracting the drawable-mdpi folder. Then deleting the folder out of the .apk. Then rename the appropriate icons/deleting the old ones. (You rename the signal icons you want to have to what the old ones were called. Something like sprint_stat_sys_signal_0_green_cdma.png.) Then just drag that folder back into the .apk window.

I go about it like this. I make the theme in UOT. Then I get the .zip and extract the .zip to a folder. Once I have all the UOT files in a folder I navigate to the SystemUI.apk. I open the .apk and navigate to the drawable-mdpi folder and extract it. I go through it and the uot kitchen names the signal icons stat_sys_signa_0_fully_cdma or something like that. They're numbered 0-6. You just have to rename them with the appropriate name that your rom calls on. In mine I found my synced signal bar icons are labeled something like sprint_stat_sys_signal_0_green_cdma . I just replace the green ones so I still know when my phone syncs with google. I then rezip the UOT files and put it on my sd card. Wipe cache/Dalvik Cache/Flash the .zip and you're set. I'm not positive if this is all applicable to your phone but this is the process I go through with mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: kimberlyinmn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87