[ROM] [Team Hydro] LG L55C (Optimus Q) CyanBreadX Mod

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Edited: This is the Team Hydro Rom, with a port of the Cyanogenmod Theme CyanBreadX used as the default theme. Everything has been themed in this build that was themed in the Cyanogenmod version of this theme outside of the android keyboard. You have custom status bar icons, custom flip animations, a custom font... and an awesome port of the CyanBreadX theme. To update Superuser binaries you need to install busybox (Jrummy's tool is what I use) which is available in the Market.

All I can tell you is the pictures don't really do this theme/rom justice. If you install this you will not regret it. This is the most complete theme you'll see on this phone. IF you're looking for a custom rom for the Optimus Q, this is your rom.

Features of the Rom:
-Root
-Lighter Footprint than Stock
-Better Battery Life (After you Install Busybox)
-In My Opinion More Stable than Stock
-Fully themed (to the best of my ability
-Just looks good...
-Custom Window Animations (Galaxy Spica Flip animations - YouTube)
-Much more I just cant even begin to think of the rest now...

I did not create the rom. I simply ported the Cyanogenmod Theme (CyanbreadX) to it. Jondevere was the creator of the Team Hydro Rom and deserves the credit for it. You can thank him for this rom... I just themed it. Because many of the System Apps are now themed in some manner the easiest way for me to give this to you is by way of a rom. If you backup "all user apps" in Titanium Backup you can get all your apps and app data right back after flashing. DO not restore a backup of system apps you'll remove all of the custom theme.

I hope you enjoy it... let me know what you think.

1) Boot into CWM Recovery
2) Wipe Cache
3) Wipe Dalvik Cache
4) Install .zip from sd card
5) Reboot

Rom Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?5g37u9txbzh9521
Mirror(s): http://www.zshare.net/download/990882293914c07b/
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5ludpXGl7ACOTNiMGY2MzgtOTUxOC00MzJiLThhOGUtYmIyOTRhY2UzYTIz

Edit: I'm going to leave this version up here. It's working and works well. I'm uploading another version to the Area51 website with a new kernel (boot.img). It's a bit more themed as well. The kernel was developed by DroidHost over at Area51.

Pictures:

Last edited:
Reactions: jfarrah

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sure, I'm actually working on the theme in the phone/contacts.apk right this second. IF I get it perfected I'll post the updated one and a mirror in just a minute. If not, I'll post this one and a mirror. Give me about 30minutes.

Edit: Eh, my Contacts.apk theme failed :/ I was going to have everything in contacts/phone/dialer themed to that cyan except the numbers, but it failed to launch properly after my edits :/ . Oh well, let me take the one in here down cause I corrected a couple of problems... it's now themed perfectly. I'll have a mirror and the google.docs link up in about 20 minutes ;)!

Edit (2): Mediafire link up... wiating on zshare and google docs mirrors to finish uploading.

Edit (3): Mirror up...

Last edited:

kizamime

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
@JCole20, I'm having a very hard time with this. I follow the directions, but once it reboots, it goes into the Android System Recovery. Once I get there, I choose "apply update from SD card" and it always comes back with "E:signature verification failed." I can't get past this.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You need to install a custom recovery. Check the sticky at the top of this section of the forum.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey! I just sucessfully ported this ROM to the Optimus Slider and it boots, data works, and wifi works (unlike my other ports).

So, with your permission and Team Hydro's, I'd like to post it in this forum. I will give you and TH complete credit, of course.

Or, I could post it in this thread and you can put it in the OP.

Oh, and I did not change this in any way, shape, or form other than porting it. I will try it out with GingerKernel also and give updates on that.

Ty for your time!

estabien

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
im new to android and im really confused on how to do this or what it is/does...help please?

is your phone rooted with a custom recovery?

if it is, just flash this from recovery like any other rom. this theme/rom basically changes the ui to be a cyan color instead of green.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
No, this is a rom with all the advantages of the team hydro rom (faster, better battery life when you install busybox, rooted, more stable, etc.) posted on here. It's just a very full theme to go with it. Because I themed many of the apps associated with the rom, the easiest way to provide it to people was as a fresh rom. It's the team hydro LG Optimus Q (LG L55C) rom themed...

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
No, this is a rom with all the advantages of the team hydro rom (faster, better battery life when you install busybox, rooted, more stable, etc.) posted on here. It's just a very full theme to go with it. Because I themed many of the apps associated with the rom, the easiest way to provide it to people was as a fresh rom. It's the team hydro LG Optimus Q (LG L55C) rom themed...

Who is the Optimus Q's service provider?

Sent from my LG-LS670 running CyanogenMod 9 and Ice Cream Sandwich!

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Tracfone is the parent company... The LG Optimus Q is through Straight Talk or Net10. The phone is CDMA and operates on the Sprint Network.

DavidLuvLB

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't like this rom. it looks exactly the same as the stock and the home button and menu button is switched up.. But I'm glad I can finally flash roms on my slider.. Off to searching for roms or maybe I'll give this another chance.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well... you flashed a rom that wasn't designed for your device onto your device. PLEASE READ... also the team hydro rom is just a lighter lag free version of stock... READ THE MODEL NUMBER BEFORE YOU BLINDLY FLASH THINGS... you'll brick your phone doing things like that.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You need to install busybox. I suggest jrummys tool from the market/play store.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

jfarrah

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This a lighter version on the stock launcher that comes with the phone.. I recommend that you do research before rooting and Installing other rom as this voids any software warranty that comes with the phone

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay