Issues with 3G - downloading apps/Voice to Text - help please!

javapop

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm using an Optimus Slider, mainly to keep a $25 plan active. This is actually my 3rd, has been very dependable. (after rooting)

Last week, noticed there were issues first with voice to text. It works on wifi; but doesn't on 3G. I use it for Google navigation, and with handcent.

The next is downloads from market. When I download something via 3G (full signal) it never starts downloading. If connected to wifi, I get an error (498)

I have tried to go to manage apps, delete cache and data on google apps and restart, and I have backed up everything, then wiped data and installed a clean stock rom. I have entered my google info in order to access google play, and have the same results.

I've spent a lot of time on the phone with VM support, they have been helpful trying to help me do the obvious things.

Has anyone using VM with a grandfathered plan noticed anything odd like I'm experiencing?

They mentioned there were some outages; but things should have cleared out by now; but nothing seems to have changed.