Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    zachary.rafferty's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    ROM
    aosp cm7 w/ xionia v14

    Default Ads in my notification bar?

    I been getting random ads in my.notification bar? Virus or an app? I'm running aosp cm7 110601 with xionia anykernel v14

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    thexxoffspring's Avatar

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gelaton 11-28

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    Probably an app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    zachary.rafferty's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    ROM
    aosp cm7 w/ xionia v14

    Default

    But I'm not.running any free apps and the notification icon is a little star if that helps at all :P

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Eollie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    There are some apps that even the "paid" version does this.
    There was a big ruckus about it a while back and most devs stopped doing it.
    Mostly the ones that are jerks have left it coded in.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    zachary.rafferty's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    ROM
    aosp cm7 w/ xionia v14

    Default

    Well that's rather annoying -.- but I.don't know which one it is

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    Kreatur3's Avatar

    Posts
    663 Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    Quote Originally Posted by zachary.rafferty View Post
    Well that's rather annoying -.- but I.don't know which one it is

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    You can always use TB to freeze the apps in question until you find the right one. Then you can unfreeze any others without having to reinstall and redo data.
    It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    An awesome article about how to get rid of them here
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    Try AirPush Detector (free in the market). It should tell you which app is causing the AirPush (notification bar) ads.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    Quote Originally Posted by notserpmh View Post
    Try AirPush Detector (free in the market). It should tell you which app is causing the AirPush (notification bar) ads.
    Or you could just use the opt out app from the article I posted. Then you could still use the app itself just without the air push ads.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    Quote Originally Posted by koopakid08 View Post
    Or you could just use the opt out app from the article I posted.
    I still wouldn't trust installing an app by the same company you are preventing from sending you ads in the first place, just to have them stop sending you ads.

    Op: I'm not sure how airpush works, but try using LBE Privacy Guard and block permissions from apps and I would go the TB route.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    zachary.rafferty's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    ROM
    aosp cm7 w/ xionia v14

    Default

    Imma just try the air push opt out first

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    zachary.rafferty's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    ROM
    aosp cm7 w/ xionia v14

    Default

    And thanks everyone

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg_md View Post
    I still wouldn't trust installing an app by the same company you are preventing from sending you ads in the first place, just to have them stop sending you ads.

    Op: I'm not sure how airpush works, but try using LBE Privacy Guard and block permissions from apps and I would go the TB route.
    That was my thought as well. I wouldn't want an app that would stoop so low as to put ads in the notification bar.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg_md View Post
    I still wouldn't trust installing an app by the same company you are preventing from sending you ads in the first place, just to have them stop sending you ads.

    Op: I'm not sure how airpush works, but try using LBE Privacy Guard and block permissions from apps and I would go the TB route.
    Well it works, so I don't know what your complaining about and you can still use the app if you want. Air push released the opt out so people would get pissed off and sue them.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    Quote Originally Posted by koopakid08 View Post
    Well it works, so I don't know what your complaining about and you can still use the app if you want. Air push released the opt out so people would get pissed off and sue them.
    Do you have an example of an app that is using air push ? I'd like to know for my personal knowledge if blocking initial permissions for the app in the first place using LBE privacy guard will stop it and still make the app usable.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Ads in my notification bar?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg_md View Post
    Do you have an example of an app that is using air push ? I'd like to know for my personal knowledge if blocking initial permissions for the app in the first place using LBE privacy guard will stop it and still make the app usable.
    Air push demo

Posting Permissions