:( I think i bricked my phone

jeety4079

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I had cyanogenmod 7 rom on my optimus V and i was trying to back to an older backup from rom manager. Unpon reboot my phone showed the LG symbol but then nothing else. Normally it would go into recovery mode and install the backup.

Then trying to hold power + up + menu or any various combinations of the keys wouldnt let me get into recovery mode. everytime i manually tried to get into recovery i get past the LG logo but after that the screen goes black and thats it. i cant even book to the previous ROM either. If i just hit the power button and let the phone try to boot it just keeps looping the boot animation (green android with green dust circling around).

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Rom Manager doesnt fully support the OV

this has been mentioned SO many times that its just ridiculous that you even have this problem.

should have known, dont use rom manager to do ANYTHING except flash the CWM recovery for the first time.

idk how to help you, you f*cked yourself pretty hard dude

Last edited:

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow sorry man. Sounds like u got a paper weight on your hands. I believe almost most threads for the v say dont use rom manager.......

Super sorry. Warranty is shot too....
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

jeety4079

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a long day today so i just got home and i am about to get my tech gloves on... lol lets hope something works out or else its gonna suck not having a smart phone for a while.

jeety4079

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
i tried camf3xu's way since it looked the simplest, and damn dude i think i m in love with u. PAUSE.

yea i just started the phone and as always it was in bootscreen animation loop and then i just tried 3
and phone turned blue and fastboot did its thing and i was like finally it did something lmao and eventually booted to "almost" stock rom. Thank you everyone! i dont know if the other suggestions would have worked too but i know for a fact that this method did work miracles.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
i tried camf3xu's way since it looked the simplest, and damn dude i think i m in love with u. PAUSE.

yea i just started the phone and as always it was in bootscreen animation loop and then i just tried 3
and phone turned blue and fastboot did its thing and i was like finally it did something lmao and eventually booted to "almost" stock rom. Thank you everyone! i dont know if the other suggestions would have worked too but i know for a fact that this method did work miracles.

:] it got me outta a bind before. i owe it to marz tho

just flash a custom recovery after ur back up and running and you should be fine