Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brian Quero
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    harmonia 2

Question Video is sideways-how do I fix it?

When I put video on the computer it's sideways. I guess I need to remember to hold my phone sideways when I record? At any rate, is there any way to fix what I've got and make it the right orientation? thanks
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Video is sideways-how do I fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by gale View Post
    When I put video on the computer it's sideways. I guess I need to remember to hold my phone sideways when I record? At any rate, is there any way to fix what I've got and make it the right orientation? thanks
    Yeah holding it correctly would help
    There's probably some simple video edit ting software like windows movie maker that is capable of changing the orientation.

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Yea, just the general Movie Maker for Windows should be able to do that.

windows movie maker can correct it.

in the future, hold the phone correctly. :P
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    harmonia 2

Thanks everyone. I think I'll remember eventually. It might take a few sideways videos though.

I was looking for an answer to this as well. If the camera is being held incorrectly, then why do all the videos upload onto social media sites correctly, but flip sideways on the computer? I'm sorry, but this answer is illogical. Does anyone have a better answer?

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

It's the way there developed and set up. To automatically correct some of the most common mistakes people make.
    This allows for a better experience on these site.
    Microsoft is developed to make money thru your mistakes, and lack of knowledge in how to make things work properly (got to buy more software to get individual things to work as they should).
    Thankfully there are those who develop software that's free to counter act Microsofts money making scheem.

I only use Windows for those programs that are specifically developed for Windows. I don't use the security swiss cheese Windows for Internet, instead I use a Linux Distro (no antivirus or malware programs needed)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Smile Re: Video is sideways-how do I fix it?

TO ANTHONYCR: Lol ... That was funny ... I had the same question and i didn't expect that. Great response!

What? how was that a good answer? I want to hold may camera length ways its the most natural way of holding it and all my previous phones had no problem with video playback when i recored it this way, does anyone know how to fix thats without having to upload it to a video editor?

When u record, make sure the landscape mode is off in your Android smartphone..! That will help big time!
    AndyOpie150 likes this.

Gale this may be old, but I did not find the answer so I researched and found that if you upload to your you tube cannel it has a rotators fix .

Thanks Brian, that helped me solve why my photos are always sideways when I download them but there is no portrait/landscape setting for videos so
    guess i'll to download roxio or some other video editing software to do video conversions. Thanks again.

I just experienced this problem with my new android RAZR. And I accidentally discovered the fix for it. If you're holding the phone sideways to get a "widescreen" film, then flip the phone 180 degrees. In my case that meant rotating it so the volume buttons on on the bottom edge, and not the top. So far every video has filmed correctly doing this.

use freemake video converter, it`s free