Virgin mobile canada has iphone 4s!?!

OptimusVUSER28

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if any of you know but Virgin Mobile has the iphone and a ton of other kick ass phones in Canada! I wonder if there was anyway to get those phones here! I got no complaints about my optimus V, but you can get an iphone 4s 16 gig for 169!

Phones - Virgin Mobile Canada

don't believe me check the link!!

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Virgin Mobile Canada has nothing in common with Virgin Mobile USA other than that they both license the Virgin trademark from Virgin Group(a British corporation). If you want the iPhone on VM that bad, your best bet is probably to get a Sprint iPhone and change the MEID to one from a VM phone (not an easy task, and possibly illegal depending on the state you live in, but it is possible to do). And you'd have to pay full price, which is something like $600; you can't get the susidized rate on prepaid...

Last edited:

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It's terrible that VM users can't have an iphone when they live in the same country as the corporate headquarters!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It's terrible that VM users can't have an iphone when they live in the same country as the corporate headquarters!

I considered one, but I would much rather have an Evo... Oh wait, I DO!

Seriously, I had a choice of all but the very latest phones and I went with the older Evo. I wanted to kick myself every time I considered the Iphone.

They are too delicate, locked to Itunes/Apple, HUGE for the screen size (set one next to an EVo, it looks old) and like Linux, they work great until you decide to do something out of the norm, at which point hold onto your hat (actually, they are worse in this regard). Sure, they look good, and run good, but they aren't all they are cracked up to be, unless you drop it, then it's exactly all it's cracked up to be.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
VMCanada is more than just a prepaid phone service. If you look they dont offer the iPhone to the prepaid plans.

VMUSA actually is owned by Sprint, in that Sprint owns the brand here. In Canada it is operated by Telus iirc.

I would suspect VM will not get the iPhone because of the fact its regarded as a "high" end phone. If Vm did ever get the phone it would be A very old version like the iPhone3 because of how Apple offers the phone out of contract.

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually no you can't buy a canadian phone and make it work on vmusa. VMCANADA work on gsm not cdma.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way I can buy this phone from Canada and get it working in the USA?

No, you cannot just activate, VM Canada is an entirely different company. Besides that, almost every other country uses GSM.

You could use a Sprint version but it's a quite involved process, and will not get you a fully working phone and could get you into trouble with the law. More than that, if you are going to do all of that hassle, you wouldn't be happy with an Iphone anyhow since you spent all that time tinkering to get it to work, only to end yup with a phone you can't do much with. That is like building the fastest, best handling car EVER, and not being allowed to drive it.

Neptik

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
VM Canada has all the good phone :( which isnt awesome for us. although i do own the Triumph which is a really good phone. upgraded from OV.

The deal is: Canada's VM operates differently.. they have this thing called the power tab i think... where they will give you the phone for a discounted price but you are bill a fraction monthly.. and i think they hand out 2 year contracts.. which im glad they do not have that here in the US. but i would still love a high end phone for an affordable price..