Need ZV9 update

driya2010

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
As soon as you run the update. zip twice you should verify the base band version before flashing non stock ROM.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
EVERYONE STILL LOOKING FOR A LINK TO THE ZV9 UPDATE READ THIS!

The link from Virgin has been taken down, and most of the one's floating around don't work either, but it's still on the phones! I had a replacement phone mailed to me today, and found that it's in the about phone section on the stock rom. If you backup your current rom, restore the phone back to stock, and then look in the about phone section...the first option is SW update.. this is the zv9 update. Then you can go here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/531810-rooting.html to download the one click root. After that finishes you just restore your backup and your done. Although I know there have been complaints about the update decreasing data speeds, I saw a pretty significant increase in both phone reception and 3g speed. I honestly think my GPS seems to be locking in alot faster now as well. Not telling anyone what to do one way or the other, just thought I would share

EDIT: I said still on the phones... I know it's not actually on the phone, but rather still accessible through the phone... so no pm's to correct me :p

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Once you update, your on ZV9 no matter what. So if you restore a backup that says ZV4, its still ZV9.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if ota rootkeeper from the play store works on our phone? I'm going to try it and hope it works since I don't have my laptop, but I was just wondering if anybody knew for sure before I did all this and end up having to borrow someone's computer to get my root back.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if ota rootkeeper from the play store works on our phone? I'm going to try it and hope it works since I don't have my laptop, but I was just wondering if anybody knew for sure before I did all this and end up having to borrow someone's computer to get my root back.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
Look into gingerbreak.APK. if you have a z4 baseband right now I believe that still works on our phones to root from SD. That and flash image gui

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Flash image GUI to flash the recovery image, gingerbreak to root the phone

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Look into gingerbreak.APK. if you have a z4 baseband right now I believe that still works on our phones to root from SD. That and flash image gui

Yeah, but I'm wanting to upgrade to zv9 but I don't have my laptop to regain root after doing this. Rootkeeper is supposed to backup the root somehow so you can restore root after an update. I'm not wanting to root the current software.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but I'm wanting to upgrade to zv9 but I don't have my laptop to regain root after doing this. Rootkeeper is supposed to backup the root somehow so you can restore root after an update. I'm not wanting to root the current software.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

You can look around, but if ginger break does still work on our phones, you can run everything off the SD card including root and won't need to touch a computer

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
NOT on ZV9

+ 1 you can't root zv9 with Gingerbreak. You need a computer setup with adb and run a set of commands to flash and boot to a custom recovery then flash jcase's modified rootme.Zip. There is also a batch file to do it but I've never used that.