Boot animation loop

atscott

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm currently stuck at the boot animation loop with every ROM that I've tried to install. Here are the steps that I have taken:

1) rooted phone using http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/531810-rooting.html since I have the ZV9
2) booted phone fine. checked to make sure it was rooted.
3) booted into recovery and made a backup
4) cleared cache and installed the Godzilla ROM
5) installed Bobz Gapps
6) rebooted phone.
--got stuck at godzilla boot animation. Have to pull battery to shut down phone.
--same thing happens with Quattrimus and Bobz CM9

This would be fine if I could restore my phone back to a working state, but when I restore from the backup that I made in step 3 and boot the phone, the home button does not work and the android market app is not there.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks.

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Zv9 is finicky and newer ovs resist flashing more then older ones. Try wiping several times. A full wipe. And try flashing. With persistants it'll work right. As for play store, whatever version your restoring to find a gapps for it. Idk if there's one for froyo, I've never flashed a ftoyo rom

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
i'm having same issue, i've waited as long as 30 minutes but phone never boots past the animation screen

Do you have zv9?? make sure you get it directly from the dev thread. It never hurts to full wipe multiple times, ics takes longer to load 1st time than gb. Due to being more complicated.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
1st, what recovery are you using?

2nd, did you WIPE EVERYTHING?

3rd, try flashing the rom without gapps.

Number 3 is most of the time the problem.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana