Trouble with sync and data transfer

ChrisSnape

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the LG Optimus V with Virgin Mobile. I've rooted it and got CM7 on, all the usual suspects. At any rate, the problem I'm having started before I ever rooted or did anything else. I had a data transfer cable with the phone, and used it for some time with both my desktop and laptop. The desktop bit the dust, so now I just have the lappy (HP Pavilion G series). Shortly before I rooted, the data cable stopped working. I could still use it to charge, but the phone wouldn't acknowledge that it was hooked to the computer (no "turn on USB storage"), nor does the computer acknowledge the phone is plugged in. All three of my USB ports work with everything else I have - gaming headset, wireless mouse, laptop pad.

I bought a new data cord, it worked for a few weeks, and stopped. I bought a third one (different manufacturer) and it also stopped working shortly after I bought it. I tried this last cord on a buddy's laptop (with my phone) and it discovered. I tried the cord on his phone with his laptop, and it discovered. I transferred some files to his phone from my laptop with it, and it went fine. It just seems that all of a sudden the data cable/my phone/my laptop is an intolerable combination lol. Any ideas, guys? I'm at a complete loss. I've tried googling it, browsing around several forums, and most of the answers I've found indicate that the answerers think that people with similar problems aren't even using a data cable. Not very helpful lol.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try deleting, then reinstalling the LG USB drivers. Make sure you reboot after install, then plug phone into computer to finish install.
With phone plugged into computer:
Go to menu/settings/applications/development. Check the USB debugging box. Then as fast as you can, uncheck then recheck box.
If still no go:
Unplug phone. Turn off. Plug back into computer and turn on.
Last, but not least:
Phone on.Computer off. Plug phone into computer, then turn on computer.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87