apps for car stereo adapter

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about an FM transmitter? That would be cool but probably not possible. I'm not sure if you could use the bluetooth feature with a compatible car stereo...that might be possible!

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I wanna know if there are apps for playing music stored on your phone on your car radio without a kit.

(Note: I am not trying to be rude)

Your question doesn't make sense. There is no "app" that will play music through your car radio. You need hardware, not software.

While all cell phones to have FM radios, they are locked into specific frequency ranges depending on the carrier. There's no way in software to make them use the FM range (85MHz to 106MHz). If you could do that, then you could also design software to make the phone work with any cell phone carrier.

What you want ideally is a head unit that supports Bluetooth.

My stock Camry head unit, for example, supports the ability to be a Bluetooth audio player/phone. I "pair" it with my Optimus just like any other Bluetooth headset.

As RocketFoot said there are also FM Transmitters that can be used to play the music on a certain radio frequency, then you tune your car stereo to that frequency. These can be added on to any audio device with a head phone jack.

anon(141613)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
FM transmitters, the Griffin Hands Free Kit, Bluetooth if your car radio has it, cassette adapters can all be used. Even a 3.5mm male to male plug if your car has an Aux jack.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
FM transmitters, the Griffin Hands Free Kit, Bluetooth if your car radio has it, cassette adapters can all be used. Even a 3.5mm male to male plug if your car has an Aux jack.

This OP did say, "without a kit"...

(but I understand you're just trying to be thorough)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87