thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So I have tried Swype, SlideIT. HTC mod keyboard, regular Android keyboard, Smart keyboard, and Swiftkey. Honestly all of them suck.

Swype has me correcting which word I typed too often

SlideIT CANNOT tell the difference between too and to which may not seem it's a big deal but when it comes down to it is.

HTC modded keyboard actually is a tad bit nice with theme maker. It just lags a little bit and is very error prone due to the smaller screen

Smart keyboard actually might be the best out of all of them. I really don't make many errors on it and when I do it picks up them very fast. I take back what I said about them all sucking, this one might actually be a win lol.

The standard Android keyboard is pretty nice actually. But it's very error prone due to the small screen

Down to Swiftkey. I know it's praised for its "intelligence" but after using it for a whole day I don't see the difference between this and the Android keyboard. There was one time though it predicted a whole 10 word sentence which was really cool lol. Other than the occasional glam it gives its not that good

My question to you all is, what keyboards are you using and what are your views on it.

Yeah I just realized I spelled keyboards wrong for the title. woops lol

Last edited:

Parker Clack

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and really like it. I have used Swype, SlideIt, the standard Android keyboard and ThickButtons and keep coming back to SwiftKey due to great predictability and ease of use.

Parker

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I like Swype, been using the beta for the past month now. The more you use it, the better it gets at recognizing your gestures. The important thing with Swype is to use it alot, and adjust the settings so the word window isn't always popping up on you.

I think an individual's usage is important here. I rarely type anything on my phone longer than a few paragraphs. I don't mind making corrections when needed, because let's face it, you make mistakes on any keyboard that need correcting. So Swype works well for me. If I was typing business related documents, or long blog posts on a regular basis, I'm pretty sure I would have reasons to use other keyboards as well.

I think what is more important here is the dictionary/prediction, and how it is implemented by various keyboards.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are having problems with errors on the swype keyboard, try going into the settings menu and adjusting the slider. I had a problem with a lot errors until I slowed it down. Just slide it to the right towrds error tolerance and keep practicing.

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and really like it. I have used Swype, SlideIt, the standard Android keyboard and ThickButtons and keep coming back to SwiftKey due to great predictability and ease of use.

Parker

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
it dont work for me it says application not installed

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I use the gingerbread keyboard from the market for landscape mode and I manually switch to Swype for portrait mode. There a app to switch it for me on the market for 99? but I have too much going on to buy apps t the moment.

Swype is awesome if I have each kid in one hand trying to txt with the other. But when I need to type something Gingerbread keyboard has some small improvements over the stock keyboard.

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My big thumbs need MessagEase. For common words, I can Swype, or switch to landscape and use SwiftKey. But for words/acronyms/URLs not in the dictionary, I need MessagEase to avoid the delicate pecking and beaucoup backspacing).

But I have no idea whether anyone new to MessagEase would like it, because I'm way past the learning curve pain from using it for years on the Palm. To help learn it, they've even provided a separate app called MessagEase Game.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
I've tried them all but keep coming back to gingerbread kb. Can never get used to swype, swiftkey was my favorite on a slightly bigger screen but not so much on this smaller one. Smart & Better kb don't seem to benefit me more.

staticmaal

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So I have tried Swype, SlideIT. HTC mod keyboard, regular Android keyboard, Smart keyboard, and Swiftkey. Honestly all of them suck.

Swype has me correcting which word I typed too often

SlideIT CANNOT tell the difference between too and to which may not seem it's a big deal but when it comes down to it is.

HTC modded keyboard actually is a tad bit nice with theme maker. It just lags a little bit and is very error prone due to the smaller screen

Smart keyboard actually might be the best out of all of them. I really don't make many errors on it and when I do it picks up them very fast. I take back what I said about them all sucking, this one might actually be a win lol.

The standard Android keyboard is pretty nice actually. But it's very error prone due to the small screen

Down to Swiftkey. I know it's praised for its "intelligence" but after using it for a whole day I don't see the difference between this and the Android keyboard. There was one time though it predicted a whole 10 word sentence which was really cool lol. Other than the occasional glam it gives its not that good

My question to you all is, what keyboards are you using and what are your views on it.

Yeah I just realized I spelled keyboards wrong for the title. woops lol

How did you get the HTC Mod keyboard to work?

sinimsdp

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I like swype for most things, but swiftkey is nice for emails. However, since I don't like spending the time to go into my settings and swap and can't find an easier way, I tend to leave it on swype.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
OP wanna mess with people edit your first post and change the title to Keyboards..

Then the posts people makin fun of your title will seem wrong.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I like swype for most things, but swiftkey is nice for emails. However, since I don't like spending the time to go into my settings and swap and can't find an easier way, I tend to leave it on swype.
Maybe you already know this, but there is a way to quickly change keyboards.
  1. Long press an input field
  2. Click "Input Method"
  3. Click the keyboard you want

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress