Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

ROM
    CM9 KANG

I just tested this and the call quality wasn't as good as regular voice other than that it works great.
    I guess I can't complain considering its over 3G and I'm getting free calls!

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Price increase. $3.99 now. Up from $2.99.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mmarz View Post
    Yea I saw that glad I bought it before the increase, I guess he is trying to get the money while it is popular, The .apk is already floating around on a few sites.

Last edited by Black Jesus; 05-02-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    Banned

The Developer should pimp this on some of the travel forums I know on the Carnival Cruise Line board on Cruise Critic they are always looking for cheap/free ways to call home from foreign ports assuming that it would work on wifi outside the usa.

Hopefully people think it's worth the extra $1. When we initially published we decided we'd increase the price once it sold a certain number, don't think any of us expected to hit that number so quickly. Really have to thank all of you for the feedback, support, and most of all patience you've shown us.

I'm pretty excited about the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jesus View Post
    The Developer should pimp this on some of the travel forums I know on the Carnival Cruise Line board on Cruise Critic they are always looking for cheap/free ways to call home from foreign ports assuming that it would work on wifi outside the usa.

Should work on WiFi outside the US. Have talked to a few people who have used it in various countries. Thanks for the link!

ROM
    Changes to Often

Quote Originally Posted by snrb_labs View Post
    Hopefully people think it's worth the extra $1. When we initially published we decided we'd increase the price once it sold a certain number, don't think any of us expected to hit that number so quickly. Really have to thank all of you for the feedback, support, and most of all patience you've shown us.

I'm pretty excited about the next version.
    Got any news you wanna share about the next version? Or is it going to be a surprise lol
    SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Takenover83 View Post
    Got any news you wanna share about the next version? Or is it going to be a surprise lol
    I see you shiver with antici........pation

I just don't want to over-promise. Haven't really tested anything that was coded over the weekend. But proximity sensor support, first stab at bluetooth, native call log integration, and registering as a dialer (so you can click a phone number in an email and GrooVe IP is an option to use to dial) all got "code completed" this weekend. Now just have to test and debug.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Changes to Often

Sounds awesome. That should make many people happy. Guess you didn't take a day off as planned. Did you ever find out anything with the outgoing codecs? From my understanding, Google Voice supports a number of codecs for outgoing, but is limited for incoming? I remember reading about it somewhere, just do not remember where...
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.

Sounds awesome. That should make many people happy. Guess you didn't take a day off as planned. Did you ever find out anything with the outgoing codecs? From my understanding, Google Voice supports a number of codecs for outgoing, but is limited for incoming? I remember reading about it somewhere, just do not remember where...
    We took another quick look. But none of the other codecs we tried worked even though they're on the supported list. We're planning to take another longer look maybe over the weekend.

So frustrating! Found a bug where the incoming call screen doesn't turn on if you have a secure screen lock. That too should be fixed in the next version.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

I know you warn that you need to be logged out of our various gmail accounts for incoming calls to work, but I haven't seen this to be necessary for me. I have a gchat client and gmail checking client open on a desktop. I have my phone setup with the gmail app, google voice app, and the google talk app always on and logged in. And to top it off, I have my google voice account set to forward incoming calls both to gtalk and my cell number. I have gotten all of my incoming test calls so far from a land-line. Both groove IP and my cellphone ring.

Just letting you know that maybe the problem you are experiencing is not as clear cut as you think.

I know you warn that you need to be logged out of our various gmail accounts for incoming calls to work, but I haven't seen this to be necessary for me. I have a gchat client and gmail checking client open on a desktop. I have my phone setup with the gmail app, google voice app, and the google talk app always on and logged in. And to top it off, I have my google voice account set to forward incoming calls both to gtalk and my cell number. I have gotten all of my incoming test calls so far from a land-line. Both groove IP and my cellphone ring.

Just letting you know that maybe the problem you are experiencing is not as clear cut as you think.
    I have basically the same setup. Pidgin with google chat and my gmail open on my pc. Also have the google voice app on my phone. Incoming calls work fine for me. But I've never made any calls through google chat or gmail without GrooVe IP. My brother has to disconnect from gmail to get incoming calls, believe he's used gmail/google chat to make voice calls.

Not sure what causes it, but seems like something triggers Google to route the calls to other instances. Someone suggested it could be whichever one had activity last. Not sure.

For people who have issues with incoming calls the quickest suggestion is to logout from their other instances. If you're not having problems then there's really no need to.

ROM
    Changes to Often

I am having a issue where the call is fine for a few minutes, then after that the person can no longer hear me. I can hear them just fine. Last time it happened I was 3min 45sec into a call. I do run "wifi keep alive" when I am using wifi. I will test "Keep Screen On" and see if that helps.

Edit #1: Just happened again, only about a minute into the call.
    Edit #2: I have plenty of bandwidth but the person is telling me, they can hear me fine then suddenly, it breaks up really really bad on my end. I can always hear them just perfect. But for some reason they stop being able to hear me. Maybe some weird bug when sending audio? Because incoming audio is always perfect. It never breaks up.

I am having a issue where the call is fine for a few minutes, then after that the person can no longer hear me. I can hear them just fine. Last time it happened I was 3min 45sec into a call. I do run "wifi keep alive" when I am using wifi. I will test "Keep Screen On" and see if that helps.
    Let me know if Keep Screen On helps.

ROM
    Changes to Often

I edited my post to provide a little more info.
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

I had the same troubles today I experienced yesterday with GrooVeIP registering with GV. Only way I could get it to register is by opening the browser to google.com, switching to classic view, signing out, then signing back in. A few seconds later, GrooVeIP's icon switched to green and all was good.

I think my issues are with google not syncing properly. When this first occured, I began by opening email, and trying to load gmail, but it reported an error. No matter what I did in sync settings or gmail settings on the phone, I could not sync gmail or get GrooVeIP to register. Only by following the browser based steps I listed could I get either gmail or GrooVeIP working.

I have seen some reports of gmail sync issues in threads relating to my ROM, aospCM7, but they have not been confirmed bugs, so I don't know where the fault is, gmail, the ROM, or something else.
    Last edited by JerryScript; 05-02-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Can you explain smart dialing? Not familiar.
    With smart dialing you can either start typing the contacts phone number or name and it will show contacts that match. Maybe a favorite contacts tab would be cool to add. Can't complain, love this app.
    Google+ Devices: HTC Mogul, Touch, TP, TP2, Samsung Moment & Intercept, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V & Slider, Nook, Iconia Tab, HTC Sensation

Quote Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
    With smart dialing you can either start typing the contacts phone number or name and it will show contacts that match. Maybe a favorite contacts tab would be cool to add. Can't complain, love this app.
    Thanks for the info.

I "liked" your FB page too. 14 people now

I did buy it the other day and have used it a couple of times, short test calls, and all was well. As I said I really don't talk much at home, but look forward to using this when out of the country.

Edit #1: Just happened again, only about a minute into the call.
    Edit #2: I have plenty of bandwidth but the person is telling me, they can hear me fine then suddenly, it breaks up really really bad on my end. I can always hear them just perfect. But for some reason they stop being able to hear me. Maybe some weird bug when sending audio? Because incoming audio is always perfect. It never breaks up.
    Same thing happens to my Optimus V except sooner. Typically around 1 minute. I have tried 3G and wifi. Also tried the audio hack setting. Nothing seems to fix the issue. I ensured I am logged out of google voice on the computer.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

I am also having sporadic voice quality and one way audio problems. It is strange because it only occurs when calling a number that isn't my home phone, mostly cell numbers. When I test with my home phone, it works flawlessly.

I have the issue calling a land line and cell.

I'm trying to duplicate the issue. I'll let you guys know if we figure anything out.

ROM
    Changes to Often

I'm trying to duplicate the issue. I'll let you guys know if we figure anything out.
    Much appreciated. Your support does not go unnoticed.
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast