Are live wallpapers bad?

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I just downloaded the mystic halo live wallpaper and love it! However, I am worried about it effecting the life of my phone. I have a galaxy nexus with jelly bean so I can finally run live wallpapers with zero lag. What I am worried about is since the wallpaper is always running will this constantly put strain on the cpu and gpu over time if I keep it on for good? Does the wallpaper actually stop when the screen is off or when I am in another application and not on the homescreen? I'm sure the battery takes a hit but so far I haven't noticed a difference. Please help. Thanks!

DrKappa

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Live wallpapers shouldn't affect the life of your phone. As for the battery they consume much more, as asherking said. But if the wallpaper is programmed correctly it is not active when you are in another application or the screen is off.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
It'll drain more battery but unless it is poorly programmed you probably wouldn't notice the extra drain.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Some are rather inconspicuous, like the Koi one that I use that only asks for network permission. Others like Beautiful Lake that I tried on my wife's phone sucked the life out of the battery and constantly tried to get a GPS fix, even when sleeping. It also ran several processes including an ad process, wanted access to everything and would put shortcuts on the home screen for links to ads and put ads in the notification drop down list.

Koi: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fishnoodle.koipond_free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImZpc2hub29kbGUua29pcG9uZF9mcmVlIl0.

Beautiful Lake: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dandre.dragonfly&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5kYW5kcmUuZHJhZ29uZmx5Il0.

If you find a bad one, pay close attention to the developer and never use another from them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87