current bb user coming to android 6/24....

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
i'll be getting the evo 3d in 10 days and was wondering how much different are themes for an android?
is there a theme builder like blackberry?
how much can you customize an android?

thanks for your time...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Being smart about this will not go anywhere... themes are not like on your BB. You might want to use Google, or even search around this forum for answers, and also there is a lot of good information on Youtube.

I've not looked into themes too much... at least on Sense, which is what you see on any HTC device out of the box. I've load a few different Launchers... this is where you will find a lot of different themes... you can check out those launchers and see if they have any theme development tools.

Go to Youtube and search Launcher Wars... they have some good info on a 3 part video on some of the main launchers on Android... then you can think about themes for the different launchers, which ever one you choose.

Reactions: michael.molloy1985

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Having an attitude isn't the way to go about asking for information here, maybe those who viewed are also new and didn't know, anyway..search the forums and I'm sure you'll find your answer, as fatboy97 said, it's not like your bb, check out launcher pro or adw launcher ex for more customization to your home screen. Also, in my opinion, the ability to customize on android far exceeds that on blackberry. youre screen can be as minimal to as cluttered as you see fit, it's all about personal preference

jared699

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
current bb user coming to android...

I'm in the same boat as michael....sorta,

I've been in wireless with an emphasis on Data Devices/Smartphones for quite some time and when BB came on the scene, I fell in love with it...I'm now no longer in wireless, in the financial sector now and still use my BB faithfully, although I am noticing that more and more of my (corporate) superiors (i.e. Regional VPs, Corporate Officers and the like) are the only ones still using BB (I guess there's no beating the security of their BES client); long story short, I am willing to give Android a spin to see what its all about for myself as many of my fraternity brothers swear by Evo and the Droid X....the fact that I gave away my iPhone should let you know how I feel about iOS.

Although, I'm expecting my Android powered device in the mail tomorrow, I wanted to join the site and see what all it had to offer and see if it was anything like crackberry.com...it was funny to see the "prophytes" of the site be a bit brash towards a future "neophyte" when he expressed his frustration. I'm glad to see someone took the time to kinda explain how things work on androidcentral.com and not be so quick to just dismiss someone for their insolence...good to see what is to be expected here.

I do want to thank that same person for actually taking some time to actually answer the question that was asked. It speaks volumes as some of us have very busy lives and sometimes just need a quick question answered quickly per our not having the necessary time available to discover things about our devices via trial and error...

Again, I'm an android neophyte, blackberry prophyte....just giving android a spin and if it's all that it's cracked up to be, I'll keep android around as my mistress....lol.

-jsmall
PS: GSM rules.....cdma is......well, cdma....lol.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Android is all customization. As nozzles said, try an alternative Launcher and search the market for a corresponding theme. You can do this now by going to the market.android.com and searching "adw themes", or "launcher pro themes" (without the quotes) and see what pops up. There are images to go along with the themes to get the phone looking how you want it. Also, the ability to add widgets, modify widgets, and create your own app icons can further the customization process.

Also, look through this forum: http://forum.androidcentral.com/wallpapers-ringtones-themes/ for more theme suggestions.

You can also see how people modify/theme their phones here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/wallpapers-ringtones-themes/18683-post-your-screenshots-47.html

Take a look around and get to know the site :) Here is good resource to understand some of Android terminology: http://forum.androidcentral.com/gen...tionary-aka-what-hell-they-talking-about.html

Reactions: RR Android