Should I get the Evo-Pre User

Brianadfl

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello, just wanted to ask a a quick question since I'll be spending some much needed money. My Pre just broke, the power button doesnt work anymore, i have to squeeze it real hard to get it to work. i know theres a mod to fix it, ive tried it, it still isnt the same. Im really picky when it comes to something i use all the time. i'm trying to find out its it worth it to keep my Pre(or get it fixed), upgrade to the Evo, or wait for a new Android phone to come on Sprint? Would it be worth the wait?

Im a long time Sprint user, and have 3 other ppl on my plan, so im not changing services(no DroidX or iphone4). Plus the rate i get is better due to my discounts.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I came from Pre --> Hero --> EVO and I love it, but this is m personal opinion, you can try it out for 30 days and if you dont like it return it.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It depends on what you want out of you're phone. I too had a pre and now have an EVO. Just know that multi-tasking is nothing like webOS on android. If that's gonna be a deal breaker, then you might as well fix your pre.

For me, the pre broke too much so i needed something fresh and android provides that. It is very customizable from the start. From sense, to scenes, to apps, there's plenty to do with this OS. I Thought the different scenes were a gimmick but it works to your daily lifestyle. I've created about 4 or 5 different scenes.

Notifications are different as well. webOS was great with their notification on the bottom of the screen. You get them and tap and you have access to them. Android, you have a pull down shade to view them. I still like the webOS way, but I'm getting used to it.

As far as for the EVO, I say it's a great upgrade! You have the benefits of the google applications, bigger screen, wimax, swype, dual camera, video chat, etc, the list goes on. I am very satisfied with the switch from pre to EVO. I say test it out at the stores and see how you like it. Good luck

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is DO IT!!!!
I also had a Pre and loved it. I now have my Evo and L O V E I T ! ! ! ! !
I think Android kicks arse and my Evo is GREAT!!!

It has been so much fun learning Android etc...
The software for Android is heads above the Pre software, e.g. I always liked the Shazam app that iPhone had, Android has a version. The Pre did not even allow the developers to access the mic or camera! Android has a version for all the main apps the iPhone has.

I love the Pre and I hope it does well, I really do but once you play with Google Voice, Sky, earth, street view etc… you will never go back.
The Pre may be a bit better with 3D games but a lot of games on the Pre didn’t even have sound.. I mean come on….

Just do the few tricks to help the battery life and you will do as well if not better then the Pre. I look at my Pre now and it is sooooo small, I mean TINY compared to the Evo. The pre looks like a thumbnail for the Evo. i:)i
Evo’s screen is big and wonderful!!

Last edited:

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a no brainer to me. Broken Pre or new shiney EVO. Tough one. The only thing you may miss is the ability to multitask in the same way. No one really does it like WebOs, but Android is a close second.

Last edited:

Brianadfl

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
well I just saw the epic 4g. That thing looks sweet too. I might have to hold off till the reviews come in for that. I don't want to say I got burned on the pre, but I'm going to be looking at my options more closely.

ilaifire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Personally I would say wait a bit for Sprint to release new phones. I ended up buying the Hero instead of the Evo because it was way too big in my opinion (it's bigger then my old Palm TX). I was getting a smartphone because carrying a phone and a pda was taking up too much space. I'm quite saddened by Verizon's release of new android phones the same size as the Hero and Sprint only releasing that huge monstrosity (in reference only to size, if I could get everything other then the huge screen I'd be all over it).

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree with JERAVICIOUS , an im on the same boat as him...but i came from BB...my BOLD was great but alot of flaws. and unfortuneately i am extremely picky. I just picked me EVO up 2 weeks ago and love every bit of it...except for the battery cover a little loose, its an great upgrade..i would totally recommend the EVO...and if your into keyboards, you can wait till sunday and go check out the EVO SHIFT, or go to your local radio shack today and examine it a little ealrier....good luck

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
About to burn my upgrade now on an evo.

My thought is that the summer blockbuster phones will be out and when I'm due next for an upgrade the devices will have had some time in the wild for me to evaluate them.

Just me, I don't need the latest and greatest the moment they drop.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
first post, been on Precentral for two years but I am beyond done with Webos, Palm and HP. They just don't get it. I will be getting the EVO 3D.

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
first post, been on Precentral for two years but I am beyond done with Webos, Palm and HP. They just don't get it. I will be getting the EVO 3D.

You'll like the options available to you in Android.

You are one of many, including me, who walked away. They failed to do anything to keep their existing base. I have zero regrets.