Netflix on xoom did not work on Iconia...

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So I tried to install the Netflix apk from today's forum (for the xoom) but unfortunately it did not work on my OTA 3.1 rooted Iconia... Apk installs but movies will still not play.
Hopefully soon

splatoid

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
No it wont work I tried on my acer xoom tablet also. It will play 1080p though off of an external hard drive. Real smooth for me. No Stutter or pauses.
So how do you like the Xoom rom.
Im loving it. Im going to try the Thrive next week after they get some more bugs out of it.

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully we will get Netflix soon. I had it loaded, and it would do everything except connect to the server for streaming. I uninstalled it and went to the app store to re-download, and then I got the not available for your device message. I would try sideloading it, but I just don't think it's going to work yet.

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I REALLY want to use Netflix on my Iconia but I am soooo afraid of Rooting!

Root is super easy now. Just install the proper apk and click root! This does not mess up any future updates... now if you install custom bootloaders and roms then you have to restore everything to original before you update... but if you simply root, you can continue to update and you might have to root again but I haven't had too after 3 updates so far.

Netflix still works great!

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Root is super easy now. Just install the proper apk and click root! This does not mess up any future updates... now if you install custom bootloaders and roms then you have to restore everything to original before you update... but if you simply root, you can continue to update and you might have to root again but I haven't had too after 3 updates so far.

Netflix still works great!

I read these instructions on another thread:
1) Enable USB debugging via Settings>Applications>Development>Enable USB Debugging
2) Have your MicroSD card inserted and make sure it is detectable by the tablet. Settings>Storage - you should see "external storage" with available space.
3) Place your tablet in Portrait view and enable rotation lock
4) download and install the Gingerbreak APK from the following link: Gingerbreak **Note: installation from unknown sources must be enabled.
5) Run Gingerbreak and click the "Root Device" option from the menu. **Note - you must be in portrait mode. Gingerbreak will Force Close if you are in landscape.
6) Gingerbreak will apply the exploit and install Superuser - then reboot.
7) Upon startup, you will have Superuser installed if successful. Download "Root Checker" from the Market to verify root access if you are not sure it was successful,
8) Voila! You should be rooted.

Is this how you did it? Did you get the Netflix apk from XDA?
I have been a little disappoint on the smoothness of the Iciona/gingerbread. I read where some ROMS will help with that also.

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I read these instructions on another thread:
1) Enable USB debugging via Settings>Applications>Development>Enable USB Debugging
2) Have your MicroSD card inserted and make sure it is detectable by the tablet. Settings>Storage - you should see "external storage" with available space.
3) Place your tablet in Portrait view and enable rotation lock
4) download and install the Gingerbreak APK from the following link: Gingerbreak **Note: installation from unknown sources must be enabled.
5) Run Gingerbreak and click the "Root Device" option from the menu. **Note - you must be in portrait mode. Gingerbreak will Force Close if you are in landscape.
6) Gingerbreak will apply the exploit and install Superuser - then reboot.
7) Upon startup, you will have Superuser installed if successful. Download "Root Checker" from the Market to verify root access if you are not sure it was successful,
8) Voila! You should be rooted.

Is this how you did it? Did you get the Netflix apk from XDA?
I have been a little disappoint on the smoothness of the Iciona/gingerbread. I read where some ROMS will help with that also.
This is what I used to root:

[HOWTO] Root for stock HC3.1 - xda-developers

This is the thread for Netflix installation

xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] Netflix patch for Asus Transformer

Reactions: project.in.process

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

So I used this to root and it was a breeze. I then used the instructions in post to get Netflix up and running. Netflix now works but now YouTube and any other kind of flash video will not work. I tried to run then unroot but I am getting this: Something went wrong..you are still rooted?!?!
Any ideas? If I do a factory reset, will I be unrooted? Is there a chance it will brick?
Better yet, any ideas how not to unroot and fix my other video problems.

I tried everything I could so I did a hard reset and took it back and it exchanged it under my 14 days.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38