Question on Dolphin Browser HD

batmanyoda

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I noticed quite a few folks mention the Dolphin browser HD so I decided to take it for a spin on my Acer. I have not done any rooting or anything intrusive like freezing/removing bloatware. I've simply loaded apps on the device. I have also not received the OTA update yet.

I mention this b/c the behavior of the browser is a bit odd on my device. I am sitting about four feet from my wireless router and the browser seems to slow down on page loads and simply doesn't complete the full page load with any consistency.

Anybody else notice similar behavior? If so, was a resolution found? If not, any thoughts on troubleshooting?

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed quite a few folks mention the Dolphin browser HD so I decided to take it for a spin on my Acer. I have not done any rooting or anything intrusive like freezing/removing bloatware. I've simply loaded apps on the device. I have also not received the OTA update yet.

I mention this b/c the behavior of the browser is a bit odd on my device. I am sitting about four feet from my wireless router and the browser seems to slow down on page loads and simply doesn't complete the full page load with any consistency.

Anybody else notice similar behavior? If so, was a resolution found? If not, any thoughts on troubleshooting?

Yes, mine does this too. Been watching alogcat to try and find out why but no info yet. It's because of that that is switch between it and Opera Mobile set to a desktop user agent.

Myronbg

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it for a while & have tried most, if not all, I like it as has just about all the features of a full feature browser. It does slow down if too many sites are loaded or the cache isn't cleared.
I think I have an issue once in a while where the browser does a milli-second switch to home page & back again. As this has happened in gmail & a game I'm not sure just what the cause.

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Dolphin HD on the Evo and Iconia and have not really had any issues except when logging into a free wifi site on the Iconia, Dolphin would not display the 'connect' button but the stock browser did just fine at the same location.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have that issue if either I have not cleared cache in a while, or I have a screen full of tabs loaded. Although, after the most recent update, it has force closed on me once or twice but hasn't done it since. But I'm typing this up on my Iconia at a hotel right now and not having any issues with the browser.

RnRExpress

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you grab the updated one for Version 5. the initial v5 release had some major bugs where it would freeze and stop loading pages. Since I got the latest update from the market place, its been fine.

frankin jessy

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have a page loading problem with Dolphin HD, you can try this:
1. Switch to Android mode in user agent.
2. Clear cache and history: Menu->More->Settings->Data storage settings->Clear data->Clear cache/ history.
3. Exit the browser (choose clear cache and history).
4. Restart the browser and reopen the page.
If it still has issue, you can contact them directly. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86