Cannot Get Camera to Work in Capital One Banking App

lilblu87

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a Fire Tablet 7 (2019) with OS 6.3.1.5 and Google Play Store installed. So far, all of my apps work fine. However, I recently installed Capital One's mobile app from Google Play Store and I cannot get it to work correctly. Everything is fine until I get to the mobile check deposit. I tap where indicated to take a picture of the check and I see the camera for a split second, then a white screen and then it logs me out and takes me to the sign-in screen.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I even uninstalled Google Play Store and reinstalled with more updated files. I checked the app's permissions. I checked to make sure the camera works. Nothing. It's just the same circle everytime. I'm not sure if this is a problem on my end or not, although I'm inclined to think it is.

Can anyone help me, please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This kind of thing is relatively common. Banking apps can be very particular about the devices that can use the camera. Also, banking apps are somewhat notorious for poor development, so it always helps to send feedback to the developer about the issue.

lorander

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
This was a problem I was having with S10 as well, FINALLY I found a solution. Go To Settings/Advanced Features/(scroll to bottom and hit)Navigation Bar/Change setting to "Fullscreen Gesture". This will take away the home button overlapping the Bank App camera button. I ended up changing it back after deposit only because I am used to it the other way.....

lilblu87

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
This kind of thing is relatively common. Banking apps can be very particular about the devices that can use the camera. Also, banking apps are somewhat notorious for poor development, so it always helps to send feedback to the developer about the issue.

What's the likelihood of the developer fixing this? In the Google Play Store, when I use the function to sort the reviews by the same device I'm using, nothing show up. I'm thinking not many people are using a Kindle Fire to access this app. I did contact the developer, then they update the app about a week later. That update didn't work so I emailed them again. It looks like they only do one update a month. I don't actually expect them to fix it though.

This was a problem I was having with S10 as well, FINALLY I found a solution. Go To Settings/Advanced Features/(scroll to bottom and hit)Navigation Bar/Change setting to "Fullscreen Gesture". This will take away the home button overlapping the Bank App camera button. I ended up changing it back after deposit only because I am used to it the other way.....

Interestingly, none of that applies to my situation or my device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What's the likelihood of the developer fixing this? In the Google Play Store, when I use the function to sort the reviews by the same device I'm using, nothing show up. I'm thinking not many people are using a Kindle Fire to access this app. I did contact the developer, then they update the app about a week later. That update didn't work so I emailed them again. It looks like they only do one update a month. I don't actually expect them to fix it though.

It's totally up to the developer (and possibly the bank). You're probably right that Kindles will be low on their priority list. Fire OS 6.3.1.5 is based on Android 7.1.2, so perhaps that could be an issue as well -- maybe they need the APIs for Oreo or higher for it to work correctly or securely. But nothing ventured, nothing gained -- at least you let them know!