Kindle fire already assigned to my account?

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I just opened my Kindle Fire turned it on and logged into my WIFI router. The next paged popped up Welcome William Stone, how the heck did they do that?

brillrick

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just opened my Kindle Fire turned it on and logged into my WIFI router. The next paged popped up Welcome William Stone, how the heck did they do that?

You probably purchased from Amazon, so they have tied the serial number of your device to your account.
Amazon has done the same thing when you buy regular kindles.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, kinda freaked me out. All of my Amazon purchases are right up front also. Amazon is going to do well with this. Thanks for the reply, oh I'm replying on my Fire, liking it a lot. Cant wait for the Prime next month, between this and the prime for the same price as one iPad it is a no brainer to me.

jpb07

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to find information on the Prime but only see stuff from over a month ago. Is there been any kind of semi-official confirmation?

I'm a Premier Silver member so we'll likely grab the Fire this weekend (I had the first preorder in at our local store) and test drive it for the 45 days. Hopefully by then Amazon will officially announce the Prime.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

Kazy

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
edit: Nevermind. But the Prime isn't coming out soon, but it will definitely outclass the Fire. They aren't even in the same category, it really is apples to oranges.

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I bought one for my oldest son and another for my wife and they both popped up on my account. It was easy to de-register his and log in under his own account.

He has been pleasantly surprised. He was under the impression that he could only use it to read books, but he's really loving it.

lombaki

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yah- see I bought some for resale and they are purchased under my bro-in-law's account. That's really gonna mess stuff up.

mercado79

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
@lombaki You should still be able to sign into the account the Fires were purchased with and deregister the devices. It's as easy as clicking "deregister" under your Kindle Account --> Manage Your Devices page.

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, kinda freaked me out. All of my Amazon purchases are right up front also. Amazon is going to do well with this. Thanks for the reply, oh I'm replying on my Fire, liking it a lot. Cant wait for the Prime next month, between this and the prime for the same price as one iPad it is a no brainer to me.

I'm confused... what is the Prime you guys are talking about? GN?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Amazon Prime. You pay $79 per year and get free 2-day shipping on everything, regardless of purchase amount. It's a godsend for Black Friday Week Lightning Deals when you want to buy just one thing for $5. They've beefed it up with all sorts of free streaming of movies and TV shows in a move to take on Netflix and Hulu Plus. Go to Amazon and read up on it.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

I was talking about the asus transformer prime. I am using the kindle as a media consumption device. I want the transformer prime as a little more hardcore working/playtime machine

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
You get a month of Amazon Prime when you buy the Fire. The wife already has an actual subscription so when my month runs out, i'll just log onto her account.