Loving the sideloading!

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have almost all my apps on the fire now, its freaking awesome! Blood and glory plays awesome! I mean why pay for tapatalk again when you can sideload it! Btw im on it now lol

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Download astro, backup apps,email or transfer by usb, download a file manager on the fire, the apks will be in the download folder or wherever you choose.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
They're in the data\app folder on your phone. You can't see the folder unless you're rooted, but there are programs that will let you backup the apks.

Sent using Tapatalk

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Can I do this without rooting my phone?

--
Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Yes, My Backup will let you. I also use WiFi File Explorer to transfer apk's to AKF sdcard/downloads folder. I use Root Explorer on AKF to install apk's. Neither my TBolt or AKF are rooted. Not all sideloaded apps install. Most do. Not all will work with out android market. Most do. A few don't resize/do so poorly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, My Backup will let you. I also use WiFi File Explorer to transfer apk's to AKF sdcard/downloads folder. I use Root Explorer on AKF to install apk's. Neither my TBolt or AKF are rooted. Not all sideloaded apps install. Most do. Not all will work with out android market. Most do. A few don't resize/do so poorly.

Do you have a good way for the android market to work? Every time I install it it asks for a account then forceclose.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
With sideloading ability there is really no need for Android Market.
--
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk.

To a certain extent, yes.

I have Beautiful Widgets, but you can't just easily get skins since that's done via the market. A lot of other apps do this same type of thing. Of course you can move them over, but it's not quite as simple as just using the market.

For the record, moving HBO Go over (non-rooted) doesn't work. I get "not supported on this device"

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
For the record, moving HBO Go over (non-rooted) doesn't work. I get "not supported on this device"

I side loaded HBO GO on my non rooted fire and it works just fine. My carrier is uverse if it makes a difference

Sent from my Blazing E4GT

AndroiduserT

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I have Beautiful Widgets, but you can't just easily get skins since that's done via the market. A lot of other apps do this same type of thing. Of course you can move them over, but it's not quite as simple as just using the market.

i sideloaded HBO Go as well. It was successful. My carrier is Verizon. I don't think the carrier would matter though. the carrier selection doesnt occur until after you start it up -- if i remember correctly. The apk should be the same regardless of carrier. and it sounds like you can't get the install to work.
Not sure what the issue would be.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a good way for the android market to work? Every time I install it it asks for a account then forceclose.

You have to root to add Market apk to AFK System folder. It's Read Only otherwise. Installing from any other folder brings the Force Closes.

grvthang

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I side loaded HBO GO on my non rooted fire and it works just fine. My carrier is uverse if it makes a difference

Sent from my Blazing E4GT

I have time warner cable at home, and they do not support hbo go. The kicker is this - hbo is owned by time warner!

cretinzen

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

You can run HBO Go, which errors out with device not supported error after the last Fire OTA update!

First, turn off your wifi on the the Kindle Fire. Then start the HBO Go app. You will receive an error about needing Internet access. Reconnect your wifi. Click try again in the error box. You should be good to go!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana