Turn off frequent apps list?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed Android 10 now lists 5 frequently used apps at the bottom of the recent apps screen. I've been trying to figure out how to turn this off, but all I'm finding is how to disable it on Pixel phones. Any idea if it's possible to disable on other phones, or specifically the LG V60?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Doesn't look like you have the option , it would be search bar above your cards with 3 dots inside of it right corner . You can try switching your buttons to gestures see if it comes up but long shot.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't look like you have the option , it would be search bar above your cards with 3 dots inside of it right corner . You can try switching your buttons to gestures see if it comes up but long shot.
That search bar is what all the Pixel instructions mention. I just find it hard to believe that would be left out of other devices with no alternative.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That search bar is what all the Pixel instructions mention. I just find it hard to believe that would be left out of other devices with no alternative.
My pixel can't get rid of it , its the manufacturer put their own flare like LG, Samsung .

cksawyer

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
Hey folks. If you are still interested. I figured out how to make that suggested app bar at the bottom for the recent apps page go away. On my LG V60, I went to settings/extensions/app suggestion and toggled it off. I went back to recent app page and presto!! Gone! Yay! I have been struggling with that useless space-wasting thing for a long time.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks. If you are still interested. I figured out how to make that suggested app bar at the bottom for the recent apps page go away. On my LG V60, I went to settings/extensions/app suggestion and toggled it off. I went back to recent app page and presto!! Gone! Yay! I have been struggling with that useless space-wasting thing for a long time.
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know, and it worked on mine.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!
Thats great LG can disable it