How to delete gingerbread update???

insanexscarface

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I got a lg optimus s, and i got this update from gingerbread saying to update. So i downloaded it, and i had it for a while and im getting sorta tired of it and i want my old launcher. How could I delete it? Im a noob. I dont know what "root" "ota" any help:(

chris mart

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I think downgrading not possible with non rooted devises. I don't know how much i correct if you rooted then you can install 2.3 OS again.

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I think downgrading not possible with non rooted devises. I don't know how much i correct if you rooted then you can install 2.3 OS again.

That is true... If you want to dowgrade, you will have to root your phone.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

MBJewell

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm a complete noob about this stuff, but it seems that trying to downgrade the os on a smartphone is like trying to downgrade Windows os; once you've upgraded, you have to wipe everything out and start over again.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm a complete noob about this stuff, but it seems that trying to downgrade the os on a smartphone is like trying to downgrade Windows os; once you've upgraded, you have to wipe everything out and start over again.
Yes to downgrade back to a former/stock version of OS you will loose everything.