Android 2.3 User Guide

Shaner

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
2.3 better power management?

New to the android world....will 2.3 increase the power management end of things? Will battery life be improved at all? Will changing skins on my HTC Desire be the same as the HTC Dezire Z?

EvoSickness

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Whats up people just got an Evo, most amazing phone on the face of the earth, on this past monday and have seen an update on my phone which I havent installed yet. I have just herd about 2.3 Gingerbread but on my phone its says 3.30 not 2.3 which I would like to know what that is and what are the advantages of udating to this since most people are saying its under the hood changes.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My gingerbread experience

is awesome. I jsut barely made it thru the wallpapers menu. I got the cyanogen7 ver and its running beautifully. must go play now

OPD

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Newby to Android ?

I just got a HTC Desire a few weeks ago, and am going to upgrade to the new 2.3 at a US Cellular dealer. I have to go to dealer as I am on a Mac and it does not support downloading to a Mac.

My question is: is there a app or something, so that when the new O/S is installed and everything is wiped out, can I get all the apps I have downloaded, and my contacts reinstalled without going back to the Market and finding all my old apps again?

Thanks for any input, and if anyone is using a Mac I sure would like to know how to sync my Apple contatcs etc to my Android.

grajasekar

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
@OPD

You could root your phone, install Titanium Backup (there's a free version too) and then backup all your apps and app data and restore them from your SD card after upgrading to a new OS.
Though I have no idea how your US Cellular dealer is gonna "Upgrade" you to 2.3 with it not being officially out unless he means installing a ROM on your phone.

ruhismile

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My Market Donation apk

Hello champs, i dont know is it legal to ask you all for an APK for my market donation.

as i am out of US i am unable to get some applications, so i need my market which was working fine with my nexus one android 2.2 but as i update it to android 2.3 my market is force closing and i am unable to download anything.

i am in kuwait with zain network and was using my market 1.5a but its no more free as i see on website and some places its my market donation 1.6 and 3.99 dollars so if anyone have got it can they please share

thanks in advance

hyojinc88

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
hm...thnx for the replies...
but
ive already rooted my phone before..
using
odin,DL09,CWM,EB01

so i an idea ..but recently i tried new things to my phone
and it was rebooting repeatedly
so i pulled my battery ,n back in again
and i was pressing volume up&down n the power
button n deleted few things i think :(
i dont noe what though..so
i using odin & DL09
i was able to factory reset? my phone ..
but i wasnt sure if i did it right or not..
well when i reset the phone the new software upgrade popped up and i upgraded
now
firmware version 2.2.1
baseband ver ED01

i want to root my phone to gingerbread 2.3 version
all i need to know is
do i need to add or do n e thing before that step?

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Bought an Epic 2-3 weeks ago, installed gingerbread 2.3.3, works pretty nice. Ran a bench test, scored 1256 while having 50 plus added apps. didn't really notice a huge appearance difference from froyo, but here are some i noticed. Battery icon in now a battery standing straight up, Wi-Fi icon is smaller and less visible(had a tough time getting used to seeing the signal strength look shady) The silent icon from the scroll down page is now a sound and vibrate icon(nice), thats it for now :)