MacBook Air file transfer to Pixel 8; help!

MCR01

Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
I'd previously asked here about updating old Dell Streak Android. Your advice was to get a more modern device. So I now have a Pixel 8, Android 14.
I am trying to move a few small files from a MacBook Air, running Sonoma 14.3.1.
I THINK I have managed to get the Pixel into "File Transfer" mode (Android File Transfer App) and I can see the required files but I can't seem to move the files (drag and drop doesn't function) and I can't see the correct directory I apparently need {emulated/0/android/data/org.xcsoar}.
I'm in France and "Handshaker" isn't allowed here.
Has anyone got an alternative to the Android File Transfer App method?
Hopefully there is a better way to do this? it was so easy with Android 2.3 . Thanks.

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
I haven't personally used it, but I understand that some people use the AirDroid app to transfer files between their Mac and Android devices. Seems like using Dropbox would also work.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Using Google Drive has worked for me. Send the files to Google Drive from the Pixel, then access GD via Safari on your Mac.

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

MCR01

Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
Thanks; I think I have the files from the Mac on the Pixel. Moving them about inside the Pixel seems a pain or impossible: : is there a file management tool to do this?
Thanks.

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
Thanks; I think I have the files from the Mac on the Pixel. Moving them about inside the Pixel seems a pain or impossible: : is there a file management tool to do this?
Thanks.
Solid Explorer is a great file manager, easy to use, and on millions of Android phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana