Honeycomb and Quad-core

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It says on the android.com Honeycomb page that Honeycomb is the first version of Android to support multicore processors. Does this mean that it would natively support quad-core when those tablets start coming out in August, or would there have to be another release of Honeycomb to support it?

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
It'll be awhile before we see Quad-Core devices. I'd be more concerned if Ice Cream [Sandwich] had triple or quad-core support. Maybe even "J" Android build. By the time we see Quad-Core devices, Honeycomb should be outdated.

ds2dale

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I predict Quad-Core by Christmas, 2011. Honeycomb 3.1, reportedly, has all the necessary bells and whistles to support as many Cores as you want or can shoehorn in. Much depends on how the developer in question writes code. Also, nVidia is already talking about 6 or 8 Core SoC. I know I read it somewhere - probably in the Android Developers site. Might have been something from the I/O meet.

It was reported today that T3 samples went out to the OEMs 2010 Q4 and devices were expected in due time. ASUS is already mumbling stuff behind their hands.

Droidite265

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The developers then would have to optimize their apps to make use of the quad core ability.
Quad core could actually be useful although battery life must really must be taken into perpective.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed