Just a little trick,

joelvin

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I figured I should post this here, instead of just in my phones specific forum. If you're like me and have a slow, and unresponsive droid after updating from GB to ICS, there is something else you can try, before factory resetting. I came upon a suggestion on another website, and it actually worked. (I would link the site but I can't find it.) The suggestion was to clear the data from the Homescreen app. To do this, first WRITE DOWN all the apps and widgets on your homescreen as you will lose ALL ICON PLACEMENTS, IT WILL RESET YOUR HOMESCREEN TO OUT-OF-THE-BOX-CONDITION. From there, go to Settings>Manage apps>All> find "Homescreen" (usually depicted by a house with a droid on it) and tap on it> then click "clear data".

This might not work for you, but for me it made my phone so much faster.

- Joel

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I figured I should post this here, instead of just in my phones specific forum. If you're like me and have a slow, and unresponsive droid after updating from GB to ICS, there is something else you can try, before factory resetting. I came upon a suggestion on another website, and it actually worked. (I would link the site but I can't find it.) The suggestion was to clear the data from the Homescreen app. To do this, first WRITE DOWN all the apps and widgets on your homescreen as you will lose ALL ICON PLACEMENTS, IT WILL RESET YOUR HOMESCREEN TO OUT-OF-THE-BOX-CONDITION. From there, go to Settings>Manage apps>All> find "Homescreen" (usually depicted by a house with a droid on it) and tap on it> then click "clear data".

This might not work for you, but for me it made my phone so much faster.

- Joel

This really depends on the phone because on the GS3 you can clear the apps running in the backround and clear RAM which frees up all the room for the phone to run fast. plus no data loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87