Sd card problem

Vadendil

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
So I'm having a problem with my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray.
I have a 32 Gb sd card from SanDisk that I have used on this mobile for more than 9/10 months.
And today all of a sudden the mobile can't access the files on it. The funny thing is that when I check the storage settings the mobile reads the card and says how much of it is used for music, pictures etc.
I have already tried a factory reset but that didn't seem to solve the problem.
Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Does the card work if you take it out and insert it into your computer? If so, backup your files from the card NOW so that you don't potentially lose them forever. Then try reformatting the card on the computer, putting your files back on there, and then reinserting it into your phone.

This could be a sign the card is about to fail, so I would also start thinking about a backup card. 32 GB microSDs are pretty cheap these days--you can usually find a class 10 for about $20.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm having a problem with my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray.
I have a 32 Gb sd card from SanDisk that I have used on this mobile for more than 9/10 months.
And today all of a sudden the mobile can't access the files on it. The funny thing is that when I check the storage settings the mobile reads the card and says how much of it is used for music, pictures etc.
I have already tried a factory reset but that didn't seem to solve the problem.
Any ideas?

I am highly inclined to agree with B. Diddy on this. It may also be possible to repair the card's issues on a PC. Put the card in, and either right click on to properties and then tools, or the PC may even recognize there is a problem and ask to fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty