Can anyone help with some of my Samsung Galaxy Centra problems?

MeganND

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Centra problems

I've only had the phone a few months but am starting to have a few issues:
* Notification screen, I slide down and screen is black. I usually have to hit the lock button on and off for the notifications to show up (this just started in the last few days).
* Phone internal GPS or whatever it is keeps putting my location to cities I'm not in (cities almost 200 miles away). Same ones all the time but obviously not where I'm located. This will happen when I try to use a weather app or even on Facebook. Not a huge issue obviously but weird.

Anybody have any ideas - especially on the notification screen issue?

Thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Centra problems

Try to factory reset the device for the notification problem. I'm not really sure what could be causing it other than a software glitch that a reset may rectify. As far as your location issue, I'll tell you something I experienced. I used to live near Poughkeepsie, NY, and work in Danbury, CT. When I was at home on wifi, everything was normal. I got to work one day and my location said I was in Vancouver, Nevada. Who even knew there was a Vancouver, Nevada?! When I turned on the actual GPS radio, everything was sort of crazy with my location switching back and forth between Vancouver and Danbury. Anyway, I let it go for a few days thinking it was something silly. The problem persisted so I posted my issue on a forum. An intelligent individual told me it was AT&T's cell towers causing the issue. Sure enough, they were doing maintenance on the towers, and a few weeks later my location reverted to Danbury. I thought it was my phone and almost got it replaced! Call your carrier and ask them if they're doing any work to the cell towers in your area. If so, that may be the problem.

MeganND

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Eeek I was hoping to avoid a hard reset. The location problem has been going on since I got the phone but I did hear that towers were being updated in my area so maybe that's it.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Sometimes the worst option is the best option. I don't have any good reason for this occurrence other than a software issue that a reset may solve. Sorry for the bad news, Megan!

bccric

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem w gps. I too flashed the arearom but i still have the problem with several apps that locate me constantly 100 miles north right down to a street addess that i have never been to.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using AC Forums mobile app

MeganND

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Well, I broke down and did a factory reset. Was able to connect to network last night after this and now this morning, can't connect to anything. Every app is stating that that it can't connect and to "check your network" but mobile access is on, I have 3 to 4 bars of 3G. Getting really irritated...

MeganND

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

ARGH... Hard reset didn't fix location issue or notification issue and of course now my connection to network keeps dropping.

Last edited:

wham6988

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Can anyone tell me how my boyfriend is reading my text messages on my rooted samsung galaxy century after i delete them

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer