Problem after 4.1.2 update (SGS2)

izacki

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just got the official update to 4.1.2 on my SGS2 (GT-I9100M) and, even if one of the new feature of 4.1 is the 'Stability', my phone is now rebooting 1 to 2 times a day. It seems to reboot when trying to enable/disable the WIFI connection. If I enable the WIFI manually from the notification panel, I have 30% chances to got the boot screen. I have an app called Go Launcher Power that disables all connections at 23h and restores them at 6h. Nice feature that keeps my battery happy for two days. But I noticed this morning that my phone also reboots at 6h.

I also have frequent reboots when browsing and using the back button too rapidly or switch the orientation while loading an app or a page, and I got many random application crashes since the update (Compatibility issues? Maybe..).

Another sad 'feature' of 4.1.2, it's now impossible to disable the auto-rotate and keep the screen in landscape mode. When I disable the auto-rotate, the screen automatically switch to portrait orientation. Very annoying when using the browser since the sensor is way too sensitive.

I'm I the only one having these problems?

308 Win

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sv: Problem after 4.1.2 update (SGS2)

Have you done a factory reset after update?

It could help as its a major update.

Sendt fra min GT-I9100

izacki

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sv: Problem after 4.1.2 update (SGS2)

No, I didn't reset my phone. I was searching for common causes linked to 4.1.2 before resetting my device. I'll try to remove some apps before using the reset option.

Mathieu Barrette

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Have the same phone and everything just work fine, after this updade the sgs2 is like a S3!! Exept for the audio from call on the bluetooth. All the audio from media is ok. Anyone have a solution for this. The pairing work but when you try to answer a call the microphone does not work and verry low audio from caller is heard. Try several bt in different cars with same result.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just got the official update to 4.1.2 on my SGS2 (GT-I9100M) and, even if one of the new feature of 4.1 is the 'Stability', my phone is now rebooting 1 to 2 times a day. It seems to reboot when trying to enable/disable the WIFI connection. If I enable the WIFI manually from the notification panel, I have 30% chances to got the boot screen. I have an app called Go Launcher Power that disables all connections at 23h and restores them at 6h. Nice feature that keeps my battery happy for two days. But I noticed this morning that my phone also reboots at 6h.

I also have frequent reboots when browsing and using the back button too rapidly or switch the orientation while loading an app or a page, and I got many random application crashes since the update (Compatibility issues? Maybe..).

Another sad 'feature' of 4.1.2, it's now impossible to disable the auto-rotate and keep the screen in landscape mode. When I disable the auto-rotate, the screen automatically switch to portrait orientation. Very annoying when using the browser since the sensor is way too sensitive.

I'm I the only one having these problems?

The OS update, as well as the mentioned task killer plays a part in your situation. Task killers claim to improve battery life and free up RAM, but they are also the source of random reboots, force closes, and other traces of instability. The OS update is a problem since leftover files from the previous OS interferes with files from the new one, which will cause numerous bugs.

Overall, the solution to your problem is to remove your task killer app, as you can already stop apps with regents by swiping their window left or right, as well as factory resetting the phone.

Posted via Android Central App