Thumbnail

bwganbran

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am a new member to this forum (but I have been reading it for quite a while now, and thanks for all the help you have already given me)
I have just upgraded to a Galaxy S3 (Jellybean) and have a question about the Gallery application, I am sorry if this has been asked before, I did look but couldn't find it)
When I transferred my pictures from my old phone to the new one I shifted them through my PC in folders, when I now look in the gallery each folder has a thumbnail. As I am involved with industrial health and safety I have quite a few pictures on there which are not for the squeamish or young (some of the chemicals my clients work with BURN!!). I do not want to show people holiday pictures on my phone and have them see the "not for the faint hearted" thumbnails.
I have tried renaming the files, e.g. 1, 2,3. in the hope that they would order them selves and file "1" would be the thumbnail, but no, there is still a half dissolved foot on show.
I did on my last phone have the images in a "." hidden folder, but that was then a pain to access the images for training, documentation purposes etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Have you tried putting those folders inside another folder? I've never tried it, but perhaps Android will not show thumbnails unless images are in the folder. Putting the folders in another folder and NOT putting images directly in the upper folder may do it for you.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

bwganbran

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Scott.
I read your post and just knew that would work!
I tried it, and it didn't :-(
The folder does move but is still visible in the main gallery as a separate folder.
Thanks for the idea though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty