02-01-2019 05:58 PM
46 12
tools
    I have the same issue. It went away when I uninstalled google play but came back when I had to reinstall it to install new apps. I recently switched from iphone. Looks like I will be going back unless google fixes this issue
    06-19-2018 06:55 AM
    This just started happening to me too. I have a screen shot (of careerbuilder)
    Attached Thumbnails Intrusive Google Play Ads interfering with other apps-screenshot_20180904-120250_swift-cleaner.jpg  
    09-04-2018 12:13 PM
    This just started happening to me too. I have a screen shot (of careerbuilder)
    Welcome to the forums. See if this helps.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=901497
    09-04-2018 12:29 PM
    Welcome to the forums. See if this helps.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=901497
    Thanks for your help. Turns out it was a digital clock app I had recently installed. Anyway no more intrusive interruptions of serenity since uninstalling. Sorry I didn't grab the name / developer.
    09-06-2018 05:34 PM
    Thanks for your help. Turns out it was a digital clock app I had recently installed. Anyway no more intrusive interruptions of serenity since uninstalling. Sorry I didn't grab the name / developer.
    Excellent! Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up.
    09-06-2018 05:43 PM
  6. 1AndOnlyOfficialBanfillFamily's Avatar
    Trust me this is from.google new updates. I very educated about technology. I'm having the same issue and the only way to get rid of the problem is to reset you cell and Don use Google . Google has become very invasive and Intruders on everything you do . This is new. And all those saying it an app doin it . Your wrong no it's Google and there new updates invaded you privacy.
    10-11-2018 06:48 PM
    Trust me, you do need more education.
    It's not Google that does this. It's something else you have put on your phone.
    Trust me this is from.google new updates. I very educated about technology. I'm having the same issue and the only way to get rid of the problem is to reset you cell and Don use Google . Google has become very invasive and Intruders on everything you do . This is new. And all those saying it an app doin it . Your wrong no it's Google and there new updates invaded you privacy.
    10-11-2018 07:51 PM
    I've literally never seen that happen and suspect something is wrong with your device. Not only have I not seen it, but it completely violates Google's advertisment ethos. The only thing similar I can recall are apps that used to install shortcuts for other apps and push notifications to the device, and I consider both of those things, along with what you're describing, to be malware.

Questions to help troubleshoot:

Do you have any sideloaded apps or apps from third party app stores?
    How long has it been doing this?
    Can you take a screenshot of the ads?
    If there is a notification, you should be able to long press it and get an option for "App Info". Press that. What app is that? If it's something you don't recognize, press "force stop" and then "uninstall".
    This has also started happening to me on my SG-S9. I downloaded a QR reader app from the Galaxy App Store, and now my phone will, at random intervals, take a screen shot of whatever is on my screen, and overlay it with ads for apps in the Google App Store. This is not just frustrating but also dangerous as it does this at random and recently put a screenshot of my WAZE map over the real WAZE app. I was driving but there would be no update on the map because it was just a picture! While I was typing this on my computer, it happened again on my phone! I was on TWITTER, but when I picked my phone up, there was an advertisement for an App (the App doesn't matter because it keeps changing. I will attach pictures that show what popped up on my screen, what it loos like if I cascade all of my open windows, and where the Pop-Up took me when I pressed on it! Intrusive Google Play Ads interfering with other apps-screenshot_20181202-080233_pdf-scanner.jpgIntrusive Google Play Ads interfering with other apps-screenshot_20181202-080119_pdf-scanner.jpgIntrusive Google Play Ads interfering with other apps-screenshot_20181202-080332_google-play-store.jpg
    12-02-2018 07:12 AM
    Everyone claiming that they have some sort app causing the pop ups, or a virus, or anything else causing it, you are wrong. I have been experiencing these popups since buying my new LG V30 just a few days ago. These intrusive popups are straight from Google Play. On my phone, you have to go to settings, general, Google, ads, then select "opt out of personlized ads". Only problem is that it does not stop all the ads, just the personalized ones, and it even tells you that when you select to opt out. It is total bullcrap. I just had one of the bubbles pop up, I ignored it, then a full screen pop up appeared, which I had to hit the X to make it go away. There is no way to actually get rid of them with updated OS's from what I have found so far.
    They're not from the Play Store. The Play Store does not serve up popup ads, period. The "Opt out of personalized ads" option is for the inline ads you see in Gmail and other Google apps, but they're not popups.

You have some kind of adware installed on your phone. See these guides:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...p-removal.html
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/am...d-culprit.html
    DMP89145 likes this.
    12-02-2018 04:03 PM
    This is simply untrue.
    Scott337, DMP89145 and Onkel Per like this.
    12-02-2018 04:04 PM
    THE ADS STARTED WHEN I FIRST TURNED MY PHONE ON BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING. NOW, with that stated AGAIN, how exactly did I get malware on my brand new, never used phone, unless they are coming from Google?
    12-02-2018 04:31 PM
    THE ADS STARTED WHEN I FIRST TURNED MY PHONE ON BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING. NOW, with that stated AGAIN, how exactly did I get malware on my brand new, never used phone, unless they are coming from Google?
    Did you restore your old settings and apps when setting the new phone up? It's possible that one of your old apps was restored and started pushing those ads.

This is what happened with a friend. She was having these ads on her brand new phone and she told me that no new app had been installed. The culprit was a free antivirus that was restored from her old phone.

I used the Developer Options and in 5 minutes managed to find and uninstall the offending app.
    Scott337 likes this.
    12-02-2018 04:34 PM
    I agree.....these pop up ads are not coming from Google. They are coming from an app that was installed. If the phone is brand new, chances are that Android strayed automatically installing the same apps from a previous phone because Backup & Restore is set to On.
    12-02-2018 04:39 PM
    No need to shout. I also don't see that you posted anything "AGAIN" in this thread. Which phone do you have? Some phones come with adware installed, as a way to subsidize the phone. This was how Amazon's Prime Edition phones were for a while, but they subsequently removed the ads after a while. Other phones have preinstalled bloat that serve ads right from the start, or show ads after an update. Peel Remote on certain Samsung phones is an example of that. The important thing to note about these cases is that the ads aren't from Google -- they're from other apps or from the phone manufacturer, which is not equivalent to coming from Google.

If you got your phone direct from China, then all bets are off.

You can see if the adware came with the system by booting into Safe Mode. If they go away, then they're part of some app you installed, rather than the system.
    Onkel Per likes this.
    12-02-2018 04:41 PM
    I too have this same issue..
    It started after Wednesday 1/30/19 samsung pushed system firmware update.

I dont know how to undo the system firmware update. But i didnt spend nearly $1000 for a cell phone to have ads pop up and cover the entire screen...
    02-01-2019 08:15 AM
    I too have this same issue..
    It started after Wednesday 1/30/19 samsung pushed system firmware update.

I dont know how to undo the system firmware update. But i didnt spend nearly $1000 for a cell phone to have ads pop up and cover the entire screen...
    Welcome to the forums. You don't need to undo the system update, these ads are being pushed by a third party app. Have you tried the different troubleshooting options posted on this thread?
    02-01-2019 08:28 AM
    And why are you so adament about it not coming from google... if they did thier job correctly they would screen apps that are on thier platform so they dont reach the consumer... but regardless of who is to blame here the problem is ..you are being asked to help get rid of the issue... and if you seeming know so much about how to fix it plrase do a step by step for those that are asking... i have not read anything on how to rid the phones of these persistent ad issues. Like i said in my first post the ads are from google play directed to apps on google play and in my case appeared after a firmware system update from samsung. I have several apps it could be from but do not know how to go to safe mode on my phone or how to track the offending app down to get rid of it znd replace it with the correct clean app. And if as you say it may be from a previous app on an old phone how to remove it from the back and restore ... which i have not used on this phone...and did not have this issue on my previous phone...
    02-01-2019 08:38 AM
    And why are you so adament about it not coming from google... if they did thier job correctly they would screen apps that are on thier platform so they dont reach the consumer... but regardless of who is to blame here the problem is ..you are being asked to help get rid of the issue... and if you seeming know so much about how to fix it plrase do a step by step for those that are asking... i have not read anything on how to rid the phones of these persistent ad issues. Like i said in my first post the ads are from google play directed to apps on google play and in my case appeared after a firmware system update from samsung. I have several apps it could be from but do not know how to go to safe mode on my phone or how to track the offending app down to get rid of it znd replace it with the correct clean app. And if as you say it may be from a previous app on an old phone how to remove it from the back and restore ... which i have not used on this phone...and did not have this issue on my previous phone...
    You are talking about things that have been already discussed on this thread and on many others about the same problem. It's fine if you don't agree with what we all said, but at least you should try the possible solutions posted here before reaching any conclusion.

The steps posted above have worked for most people having these full screen ads. This is just one example.

https://forums.androidcentral....ree...d-culprit.html

You mentioned cleaner apps. Most of these apps are useless, will mine your personal info and fill your phone with ads. Start uninstalling any third party cleaner app that you installed.

Just a thought, if these ads were caused by the system or by a preinstalled Google app basically all of us would be getting them and, obviously, this is not happening.
    Scott337 likes this.
    02-01-2019 09:03 AM
    Yeah, pretty drastic, but also kinda cool. Like in the old days when you get to reformat a drive...... a:>Format c: lol. As for adding apps back, that is a great idea. Given that I deleted most of the un necessary apps, I am hoping that it came from one of those.

NothingIsTrue, there was no notifications when it popped up.

On a totally new subject, if you are a golfer then you should check this out: GAME GOLF Mine just came by Fedex today. Not much good for me right now, given it is January, and we have a tonne of snow on the ground -- lol.

Thanks for the help guys :-)

M
    a:>Format c:
    Do you remember the /s option. a:>Format c:/s
    02-01-2019 09:49 AM
    Put your phone in safe mode and show a pop-up. Otherwise, your new phone was probably synching your 3rd party apps as soon as you turned the data on and set it up. Thats how you get crap on a new phone.
    02-01-2019 09:55 AM
    It is probably adware. Find a way to uninstall it. Remember, this might not come up on the home screen apps list. Go into settings and into app info.
    02-01-2019 05:58 PM
46 12