Intrusive Google Play Ads interfering with other apps

Brotherbuz

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
Turns out to be a simple fix. I was getting the same full page ads. Most of the ads if not all would take me to the Google Play app to install the apps. I SIMPLY deleted the Google Play app on my phone and the problem was eliminated. You can still load any apps you want via the Galaxy app on the phone.

LOUISA TSANG

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my redmi! Intrusive is the word!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-26-03-05-43-120_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-26-03-05-43-120_com.android.vending.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Cornito

May 7, 2018
Visit site
How can we remove this app that shows ads randomly and no exit botton too top it off at that..while modeling right at the center of the screen.

Ellis_Ja9

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
Everyone claiming that they have some sort app causing the pop ups, or a virus, or anything else causing it, you are wrong. I have been experiencing these popups since buying my new LG V30 just a few days ago. These intrusive popups are straight from Google Play. On my phone, you have to go to settings, general, Google, ads, then select "opt out of personlized ads". Only problem is that it does not stop all the ads, just the personalized ones, and it even tells you that when you select to opt out. It is total bullcrap. I just had one of the bubbles pop up, I ignored it, then a full screen pop up appeared, which I had to hit the X to make it go away. There is no way to actually get rid of them with updated OS's from what I have found so far.

Olbarter

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue. It went away when I uninstalled google play but came back when I had to reinstall it to install new apps. I recently switched from iphone. Looks like I will be going back unless google fixes this issue

almondbrother7

Sep 4, 2018
Visit site
This just started happening to me too. I have a screen shot (of careerbuilder)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180904-120250_Swift Cleaner.jpg
    Screenshot_20180904-120250_Swift Cleaner.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 11
Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
Trust me this is from.google new updates. I very educated about technology. I'm having the same issue and the only way to get rid of the problem is to reset you cell and Don use Google . Google has become very invasive and Intruders on everything you do . This is new. And all those saying it an app doin it . Your wrong no it's Google and there new updates invaded you privacy.

Onkel Per

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Trust me, you do need more education.
It's not Google that does this. It's something else you have put on your phone.
Trust me this is from.google new updates. I very educated about technology. I'm having the same issue and the only way to get rid of the problem is to reset you cell and Don use Google . Google has become very invasive and Intruders on everything you do . This is new. And all those saying it an app doin it . Your wrong no it's Google and there new updates invaded you privacy.

BigKahunaguy

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
I've literally never seen that happen and suspect something is wrong with your device. Not only have I not seen it, but it completely violates Google's advertisment ethos. The only thing similar I can recall are apps that used to install shortcuts for other apps and push notifications to the device, and I consider both of those things, along with what you're describing, to be malware.

Questions to help troubleshoot:

Do you have any sideloaded apps or apps from third party app stores?
How long has it been doing this?
Can you take a screenshot of the ads?
If there is a notification, you should be able to long press it and get an option for "App Info". Press that. What app is that? If it's something you don't recognize, press "force stop" and then "uninstall".

This has also started happening to me on my SG-S9. I downloaded a QR reader app from the Galaxy App Store, and now my phone will, at random intervals, take a screen shot of whatever is on my screen, and overlay it with ads for apps in the Google App Store. This is not just frustrating but also dangerous as it does this at random and recently put a screenshot of my WAZE map over the real WAZE app. I was driving but there would be no update on the map because it was just a picture! While I was typing this on my computer, it happened again on my phone! I was on TWITTER, but when I picked my phone up, there was an advertisement for an App (the App doesn't matter because it keeps changing. I will attach pictures that show what popped up on my screen, what it loos like if I cascade all of my open windows, and where the Pop-Up took me when I pressed on it! Screenshot_20181202-080233_PDF Scanner.jpgScreenshot_20181202-080119_PDF Scanner.jpgScreenshot_20181202-080332_Google Play Store.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Everyone claiming that they have some sort app causing the pop ups, or a virus, or anything else causing it, you are wrong. I have been experiencing these popups since buying my new LG V30 just a few days ago. These intrusive popups are straight from Google Play. On my phone, you have to go to settings, general, Google, ads, then select "opt out of personlized ads". Only problem is that it does not stop all the ads, just the personalized ones, and it even tells you that when you select to opt out. It is total bullcrap. I just had one of the bubbles pop up, I ignored it, then a full screen pop up appeared, which I had to hit the X to make it go away. There is no way to actually get rid of them with updated OS's from what I have found so far.

They're not from the Play Store. The Play Store does not serve up popup ads, period. The "Opt out of personalized ads" option is for the inline ads you see in Gmail and other Google apps, but they're not popups.

You have some kind of adware installed on your phone. See these guides:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...30081-guide-malware-adware-popup-removal.html
https://forums.androidcentral.com/a.../901497-full-screen-ads-how-find-culprit.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

This is simply untrue.

Ellis_Ja9

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
THE ADS STARTED WHEN I FIRST TURNED MY PHONE ON BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING. NOW, with that stated AGAIN, how exactly did I get malware on my brand new, never used phone, unless they are coming from Google?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
THE ADS STARTED WHEN I FIRST TURNED MY PHONE ON BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING. NOW, with that stated AGAIN, how exactly did I get malware on my brand new, never used phone, unless they are coming from Google?
Did you restore your old settings and apps when setting the new phone up? It's possible that one of your old apps was restored and started pushing those ads.

This is what happened with a friend. She was having these ads on her brand new phone and she told me that no new app had been installed. The culprit was a free antivirus that was restored from her old phone.

I used the Developer Options and in 5 minutes managed to find and uninstall the offending app.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I agree.....these pop up ads are not coming from Google. They are coming from an app that was installed. If the phone is brand new, chances are that Android strayed automatically installing the same apps from a previous phone because Backup & Restore is set to On.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

No need to shout.;) I also don't see that you posted anything "AGAIN" in this thread. Which phone do you have? Some phones come with adware installed, as a way to subsidize the phone. This was how Amazon's Prime Edition phones were for a while, but they subsequently removed the ads after a while. Other phones have preinstalled bloat that serve ads right from the start, or show ads after an update. Peel Remote on certain Samsung phones is an example of that. The important thing to note about these cases is that the ads aren't from Google -- they're from other apps or from the phone manufacturer, which is not equivalent to coming from Google.

If you got your phone direct from China, then all bets are off.

You can see if the adware came with the system by booting into Safe Mode. If they go away, then they're part of some app you installed, rather than the system.

Refinds

Feb 1, 2019
Visit site
I too have this same issue..
It started after Wednesday 1/30/19 samsung pushed system firmware update.

I dont know how to undo the system firmware update. But i didnt spend nearly $1000 for a cell phone to have ads pop up and cover the entire screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa