Upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2

karimla131

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Good day...

I have samsung core with 4.1 jb software i want to upgrade it to 4.2 is this possible for my phone or it will never be upgraded i want also to know i rooted my phone if i install new software is this will remove the root ... and i want to know your opinion for this phone is it good or bad

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I8262 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Good day...

I have samsung core with 4.1 jb software i want to upgrade it to 4.2 is this possible for my phone or it will never be upgraded i want also to know i rooted my phone if i install new software is this will remove the root ... and i want to know your opinion for this phone is it good or bad

Thanks

samsung and many OEM's abandons all these low end devices... so the only way is to install cyanogenmod rom

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Your device may not get an update. Have you looked into flashing a custom ROM on the device?
Rooting the device will stop you from getting any future OTA updates, and if there is one, the OTA may break root.

karimla131

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
So i am sorry what i understand is
1- my phone wont have android 4.2 but i didn't understand what is custom rom and how i get it and if i got it is their a way to remove it if 4.2 relese.

2- if i installed the Officeal frameware 4.1 that will break the root as now when i update it says ur device has been modifed

I am sorry for being annoying as this is the firest time i got android devies i am x iphone ..
Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So i am sorry what i understand is
1- my phone wont have android 4.2 but i didn't understand what is custom rom and how i get it and if i got it is their a way to remove it if 4.2 relese.

2- if i installed the Officeal frameware 4.1 that will break the root as now when i update it says ur device has been modifed

I am sorry for being annoying as this is the firest time i got android devies i am x iphone ..
Thanks

The Samsung Core sounds like a mid tier phone. Nothing wrong with that, but it possibly excludes it from being updated. A custom ROM like CyanogenMod, can get you up to date, depending on if they support the device. Assuming CM has a ROM for your phone, you may possibly get 4.4 as opposed to 4.2.

Since you are rooted, chances are the OTA update will fail.

Don't worry about the questions. That is what we are here for.

From a Sprint Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non