Question Upgrade advice

Stix84

Feb 17, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

First time here and first post. I'm looking to upgrade from my s20 ultra so a newer Samsung Galaxy phone. I've always been Ssung and want to keep with them.

The camera on my S20 ultra is damaged and will cost insurance excess off £100 to repair or amazon have an offer on a new S23 standard for £500 and I can sell my old phone for £145. Alternatively the S23+ and Ultra are wayyyy more expensive but a reconditioned S22 ultra is the same price as a new S23.

I was very apprehensive about the size of my S20 ultra when I bought it and now have come quite used to it so I don't know if I'll regret going smaller.

Would you pay £100 and have what is an immaculate S20 repaired, downsize to a new S23 or buy a used S22 ultra/plus for the same price?

Reactions: BijouVixen

BijouVixen

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

First time here and first post. I'm looking to upgrade from my s20 ultra so a newer Samsung Galaxy phone. I've always been Ssung and want to keep with them.

The camera on my S20 ultra is damaged and will cost insurance excess off £100 to repair or amazon have an offer on a new S23 standard for £500 and I can sell my old phone for £145. Alternatively the S23+ and Ultra are wayyyy more expensive but a reconditioned S22 ultra is the same price as a new S23.

I was very apprehensive about the size of my S20 ultra when I bought it and now have come quite used to it so I don't know if I'll regret going smaller.

Would you pay £100 and have what is an immaculate S20 repaired, downsize to a new S23 or buy a used S22 ultra/plus for the same price?

Welcome to AC I remember my Note20 ........ brought back fond memories!! Felt as if that was the best phone ever!!

I also always had Samsung phones until recently but now I'm a Google Pixel Fold convert!

I'd go for the S22 Ultra since you're already used to that size of a screen! I wouldn't able to go smaller tbh. Good luck with your decision and once again welcome here!!

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Welcome to Android Central 🙂

Have you checked all the carrier deals/offers concerning the S23, S23+, S23U phones, including the deals/offers if you were to switch/transfer your ph# to a new carrier?

From what you've shared, methinks that the S23 Ultra would be the way to go (unless there's deals/offers for the S24U that are better), both for the myriad of reasons detailed in their respective reviews & specs.
See articles such as:

The specs for the S23U, including its camera, are very impressive. My wife loves hers; e.g. –she was given $600 for her Note 8 trade-in, w/$300 off the new S23U, plus a $100 Visa gift card, when we switched from our AT&T carrier to Xfinity Mobile.
Likewise, I went from a much smaller Galaxy S7A to the S23+, and like you, have become quite used to it's size, and believe I would've regretted going with the smaller S23 'standard'.

Sorry I didn't convert the USD to British Pounds. ;-)

Here's some comparison specs & reviews, which may be helpful to peruse:

Last edited:

Stix84

Feb 17, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Reason I wasn't looking at the s23 ultra is I just can't afford to spend that much nor justify that much for a phone ATM. The price point of the new s23 was top of my budget. Given the options would you still choose a reconditioned s22u over a new s23? Both through amazon ATM as I can't find either any cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Reason I wasn't looking at the s23 ultra is I just can't afford to spend that much nor justify that much for a phone ATM. The price point of the new s23 was top of my budget. Given the options would you still choose a reconditioned s22u over a new s23? Both through amazon ATM as I can't find either any cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks
Edit: Yes Not sure. Personally, I've never ordered a 'reconditioned' phone or any other 'reconditioned' elec product for that matter. And probably never will.

But if you've been enjoying your S20U, and its S-pen, then I would probably choose the S22U (if the 'reconditioned' return period & warranty were decent), over the standard S23, for the S22U's superior camera specs as well as the larger battery size. Also due to the fact that I very quickly became used to the larger size S23+.

But first I'd be sure to ✔️ all potential deals/offers with your present carrier, as well as other carrier options.

And if ordering from Amazon, I would only order if "Sold by: Amazon ~" or Samsung (with the standard 30 day return policy &c).... and definitely would not order fr Amazon – if the seller were anyone else, i.e. a third party.
. . . and then upon delivery, very closely inspect the phones' box & IMEI # for authenticity, before opening it !

★ And have you checked out the Honor Magic 5/ Magic 5 Lite/Magic 5 Pro prices & availability? Their specs are rather impressive too:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29