Blank page on Chrome

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else noticing that since the latest Chrome updates you open a web page and all you get is a blank page? I have been having this happen a lot lately since the last update(s) Also it doesn't seem to matter which brand phone, it's happening on HTC One, LG Optimus GPro, and Sony Xperia Z1.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did, but I am running a custom ROM on my M8, so I thought it was the ROM. I use the other browser when it happens. Hopefully, Chrome will be updated soon. Google usually pushes updates on Wednesdays.

maraki1224

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
This has been happening on my Moto X. However, when I get a blank screen, then tap 'settings', then go back to the screen, my page opens up. Weird, and annoying.

kidlockatong

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've been seeing the same thing, since the update before the last one (5/28). Pretty sure about the timing. Tried switching to the latest Beta, to see if it had the same problem. It does. I got so annoyed, I switched over to the 4.4 stock browser, and found that it's about 30% faster, and very stable. This is the second time I've had a show-stopping issue with Chrome since Jan. Have given up on them, until they can get their act together again. Am using an HTC One m7.

Last edited:

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's a thing. Fortunately it only seems to happen when I first open the browser, and it's fixed by closing the tab and opening a new one, so it hasn't been a huge deal to me yet. Still, it's something that absolutely needs to be fixed.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've been seeing the same thing, since the update before the last one (5/28). Pretty sure about the timing..
Yup, that was the update that started the problem
Yeah, it's a thing. Fortunately it only seems to happen when I first open the browser, and it's fixed by closing the tab and opening a new one, so it hasn't been a huge deal to me yet. Still, it's something that absolutely needs to be fixed.

That's what I had to do as well. Anyway, if you can roll back far enough to get rid of the last 2 updates like I did you should be good to go