Back cover is coming off!

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that the back cover of S23 is coming off. It could be due to a bulging battery (I can't tell for certain). I bought the phone when it first came out. Is it still covered under warranty?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the region you bought it from, but phone warranties are usually a year from purchase. Beyond that, only 'extended warranty' policies (if obtained) would 'kick in'.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
We can't tell you for sure unless you check yourself on Samsung's website. If it is a bulging battery, I would take it into your carriers store and have them check for sure as well because that can be VERY DANGEROUS for you and everyone around you if it happens to fail.

Reactions: monsieurms

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Fortunately, I remembered that I had purchased Samsung Care+ when I bought my S23 last year, and I was able to have it repaired under warranty at my local UbreakiFix Store. Turns out the battery was defective and swelling up which caused the back cover to pop off. The repair shop put in a new battery and glued the back cover on in about 1 hour.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Fortunately, I remembered that I had purchased Samsung Care+ when I bought my S23 last year, and I was able to have it repaired under warranty at my local UbreakiFix Store. Turns out the battery was defective and swelling up which caused the back cover to pop off. The repair shop put in a new battery and glued the back cover on in about 1 hour.
Glad to hear that, always be careful when something like that happens stop using the device and power it off .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC