Can I upgrade the OS without the power button? (S3 SGH-i747)

eli2k

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S3 SGH-i747 that has the broken/stuck power button. It's on 4.1.x right now. It will eventually, after some finesse, boot up into a useable phone state, as long as the power button is avoided. I wanted to update to some variant of 4.4.x and wanted to ask if I can do this without touching the poewr button. Thanks.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S3 SGH-i747 that has the broken/stuck power button. It's on 4.1.x right now. It will eventually, after some finesse, boot up into a useable phone state, as long as the power button is avoided. I wanted to update to some variant of 4.4.x and wanted to ask if I can do this without touching the poewr button. Thanks.

If your phone is on and you are on wifi than you will be ok. While installing.. your phone will restart on it's own as part of the process.

eli2k

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is on and you are on wifi than you will be ok. While installing.. your phone will restart on it's own as part of the process.

I should have clarified by saying if I wanted to upgrade to a custom ROM would it be possible. It doesn't look like Samsung released an actual latest firmware for this phone besides whatever is on my phone at the moment. I am able to attain root access to the phone.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I should have clarified by saying if I wanted to upgrade to a custom ROM would it be possible. It doesn't look like Samsung released an actual latest firmware for this phone besides whatever is on my phone at the moment. I am able to attain root access to the phone.

With all that I have no idea... I have no experience. You may want to post this question in the "Rooting, ROMS And Hacks" sub forum. Guaranteed someone will have the answer.

Here's the link:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-rooting-roms-hacks/

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87