Can texts be auto-forwarded?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to somehow auto-forward incoming SMS/MMS messages to another phone number? Further, I'd want it so that when I replied I'd automatically be responding to the original sender? Would be nice since I have multiple phones/lines.

...or is that pie-in-the-sky?

from a dark Note 4📡

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Voice? Texts to that number would be forwarded to whatever number you set it to (and you can change that in 2 minutes).

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Google Voice? Texts to that number would be forwarded to whatever number you set it to (and you can change that in 2 minutes).

Thanks for taking the time to consider.

Hmmm...can I set the Google voice number to be identical to my already existing number? The goal here is to not have the sender have to send to a different number than the one they already know. That's why I was thinking forwarding.

🍎 iPhablet 6+ 🐛

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You're trying to, basically, have texts sent to your number end up on another phone - which would take cloning the phone, which is illegal all over.

Using Google Voice you use it as your main number. then, no matter which phone you want to use, you forward to it.

The other possibility, if you're on a GSM account, is to just put the main number's SIM into the other phone.

But using both phones at once and having texts that are sent to one number end up on the other phone automatically? No way that I know of.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You're trying to, basically, have texts sent to your number end up on another phone - which would take cloning the phone, which is illegal all over.

Using Google Voice you use it as your main number. then, no matter which phone you want to use, you forward to it.

The other possibility, if you're on a GSM account, is to just put the main number's SIM into the other phone.

But using both phones at once and having texts that are sent to one number end up on the other phone automatically? No way that I know of.
Thanks.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱