Advertised apps open their APK files?

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I dont know if that title explained it, but this is what happens. I have an unbranded Android tablet (Unbranded cause it doesnt say the brand in it and when I start it it just says Android) with 4.4.2 KitKat. The thing is that when I'm browsing the internet (with the Opera Beta browser) or using the default file explorer (I just had the problem on these two, but its the first time I use it so I dont really know if its on any other), sometimes an advertised app (Uber Driver and AliExpress, for example, are advertised on my country) opens its APK file. I mean, while I'm doing anything suddenly an APK window opens asking if I want to install it, instead of just showing a regular ad. Can I fix this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not practically. You could reflash the ROM - but each model needs a different one, and you can't tell what model you have. (You could look in Settings/General/About device, to see if you can find it, but then you have the problem of finding the ROM for it, and "unbranded" device manufacturers seldom, if ever, maintain any method for you to do that.)