11-28-2014 03:32 AM
120 1234 ...
tools
    Both of those devices are passed their 18 months guaranteed upgrade periods.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-26-2014 11:17 AM
    Android had it´s revolutionary makeover in the Honeycomb/ICS days. Apple had theirs with the transition to iOS7. I think at this stage updates are going to be evolutionary. I agree with you, that is a good thing. No need for jarring changes every year.
    ..but "jarring changes" is what everyone expects ever year.
    06-26-2014 11:48 AM
    Can't wait to see all those new APIs. It will be like opening my first pair of boobies.
    crawfojj likes this.
    06-26-2014 02:14 PM
    Doesn't seem too bad so far...

Posted via Android Central App on nexus L
    Attached Thumbnails What are your impressions of Android L?-19.jpg  
    Ry likes this.
    06-26-2014 02:36 PM
    What do you guys think about the new multitasking view? I like the cards theme, but I think would make life difficult when using information from one window to populate fields in another.
    06-26-2014 03:03 PM
    That's 90 minutes btw.

06-26-2014 03:14 PM
    The notification bar have some issues IMHO. You need two swipes to fully open it. In kitkat you can open all notifications with a single up to down swipe, now, you must do two actions.
    06-26-2014 03:38 PM
    I agree with you 100%, I flashed it today, and the animations are ugly, the notification menu, and multitasking were both steps backwards, and ugly, and the keyboard is horrendous! Thank goodness for the openness of android, cause things are gonna get changed, whether goggle does it or not lol.

haikallp, tonyr6 and Paisley like this.
    06-26-2014 05:17 PM
    Performance and app comaptibilty are great but what got butchered is the notification bar and keyboard no lines on the keyboard really made it tough for me so I installed Swiftkey the second after I typed my google account in setup lol but overall performance is great on my end the snapdragon s4 pro really stands up good almost 2 years later ( of course some thanks goes to google for software optimization) but overall its nice let's just hope OEMS don't butcher it

06-26-2014 07:08 PM
    I don't like it all the animationa are too strong and kind of get in the way IMHO

haikallp likes this.
    06-26-2014 07:13 PM
    The option to revert to the oldest and second oldest keyboard layout is still in the advanced options of the keyboard

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
    haikallp likes this.
    06-26-2014 07:19 PM
    is anybody having trouble running the native twitter app? mine crashes as soon as i open it "unfortunately twitter has stopped working"
    06-26-2014 07:43 PM
    is anybody having trouble running the native twitter app? mine crashes as soon as i open it "unfortunately twitter has stopped working"
    Twitter crashes always and I also had Dropbox crash but recover after login.
    06-26-2014 07:56 PM
    Twitter crashes always and I also had Dropbox crash but recover after login.
    ah that's disappointing. oh well, guess this is a developer preview after all. also, my backed up photos aren't showing up on my device, anyone have insight on that? i think i might revert back to kitkat over the weekend, nothing here that is intriguing enough for me to put up with the early adopter bugs lol
    06-26-2014 08:05 PM
    ah that's disappointing. oh well, guess this is a developer preview after all. also, my backed up photos aren't showing up on my device, anyone have insight on that? i think i might revert back to kitkat over the weekend, nothing here that is intriguing enough for me to put up with the early adopter bugs lol
    Open Google+, click on "Everything" under your name and select photos and have it load from there. After that it should load from the Photos icon.
    06-26-2014 08:10 PM
    Open Google+, click on "Everything" under your name and select photos and have it load from there. After that it should load from the Photos icon.
    sorry i'm new to android, i don't see a "everything"?
    06-26-2014 08:16 PM
    sorry i'm new to android, i don't see a "everything"?

Right under the red section, hit the arrow to open the menu.

At the bottom there is the Photos icon, tapping that takes you to the same section as the icon shortcut does.
    VDub2174 likes this.
    06-26-2014 08:23 PM
    ah ok got it. turns out my google_+ app wasn't updating. thanks!
    Aquila likes this.
    06-26-2014 08:31 PM
    I think Android L looks pretty awesome. Most OSs seem to be following a general tendency but each with its own implantation. I don't use Android but my wife does and I showed her this and she thought it was quite nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-26-2014 09:48 PM
    Hey, is it just me or does it feel like Android L is more memory intensive. I'd like to think the animations would hamper the performance of lower spec android devices. KitKat was great for those devices.
    06-27-2014 12:44 AM
    Light Flow kept rebooting my Nexus 5 in a loop, couldn't stay on for more than 10 seconds. Finally had to uninstall the app. Some serious lagging initially after installing all my apps, but everything working smooth since then. Stock e-mail app still has some lagging.
    Overall, I'm liking it so far. The new on-screen buttons aren't that bad, initially changes are tough.
    06-27-2014 01:26 AM
    I liked the rolodex style of the notifications, reminds me of what various launchers were doing a while back but Google took it to a more advanced level.
    06-27-2014 08:06 AM
    I'm actually liking it so far. The notification change is a little jarring. One swipe down for active notifications. Another swipe down to get at quick settings. Animations are fluid and pleasing. I don't mind the colors and the navigation bar is nice/simple. I don't understand the complaints about it being difficult to understand what they do. Overall, pretty good for a developer preview!

Couple of issues of course with apps: Facebook comments are completely transparent, makes it hard to read. Twitter doesn't work at all (I just installed Falcon instead). Otherwise, I might keep at this as my daily driver for a week or so. Camera works just as good. Bluetooth works. Calls work. Texting/MMS works. The only issue I might have with are wakelocks, which I experienced but a reboot set things to rights. My only complaint about quick settings is they removed the battery indicator. :-( Not a huge deal but I hope they bring it back in the final version.

Anyways, I like the direction stock Android is heading!
    What are your impressions of Android L?-10492553_10103154341311572_2737116347266571752_n.jpg
    haikallp likes this.
    06-27-2014 08:25 AM
    I'd prefer the current multitasking to a carousel and I hate the new navigation button design. Hopefully the OEMs improve them
    tonyr6 and haikallp like this.
    06-27-2014 11:22 AM
    Loaded it for a bit... even got it rooted.... Looks like. New UI layout is pretty slick. The notifications changes are nice too.

As for the new nav buttons.... when I first saw them at I/O, I was a little hesitant. But seeing them on my phone, it doesn't look nearly as odd.... they don't look out of place or anything. So my first impression is pretty positive. Looks good, new UI direction is pretty cool.... I mean, it still looks and feels like Android, so it isn't like it is a huge departure. Just new.

Depending on how many apps weren't compatible, I'd consider running it full time. Shame the MultiROM stuff isn't supported.
    trandz likes this.
    06-27-2014 11:46 AM
120 1234 ...