Lollipop OTA pulled?

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
This is interesting. About a week ago, I was notified the Lollipop OTA was available for my Nexus 7 (2013). After previous headaches with other updates, I was holding off doing the update until some reported bugs got worked out.

This evening, I noticed the OTA notification has disappeared from my notifications. I went into settings, About Tablet and checked for am update and now it says my system is up to date and I'm still on 4.4.4.

Very interesting. I'm wondering if Google has pulled the OTA? The update for my N5 is still showing available.

HMMMMMMM.....

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing in the news about this. I don't bother Google searching as it is a waste of time just gives me useless junk.

It has been three weeks and still no update for my Nexus 7 (2013). My Nexus 5 and my parents Nexus 5's all got the update 1 week after announced.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
The N7 release was buggy and got pulled. You're better off waiting for a clean version to be released.

I thought I was losing my mind. No update at all for my Nexus 7 (2013), but my friend's Nexus 5 updated two weeks ago! Thanks for the heads up!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Lbesze

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 10 is updated and running fine for a couple of weeks now. My Nexus 7 [2013] was offered and downloaded the update about 3 weeks ago or so, but elected not to install it right away, and disappeared promptly after that. Still waiting like the rest of you posted here. Is there a way to "aggregate" it like setting the date and time into the future? Years ago that worked with carrier updates, but doesn't seem to work with Google it seems.

RonAitch

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I got the update and boy do I wish it had never arrived. My racehorse is now a snail. Kindle fails at least once a day. google search might start or might not. Restart twice a day just to check the weather. This is not a success story and nobody seems to have an answer.

wanstronian

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes - last week my N10 was showing the update. I demurred, and now the option is gone.

A friend of mine installed the update on his N10 and it slowed the tablet down horrendously. He did a factory reset and now it flies, but he lost a lot of data.

Ah well, I'm in no hurry. Updated my N5 and pleased overall, wish they'd give the option to get rid of the search bar though - it just takes up space. So I use Nova Launcher instead.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
If the Lollipop was pulled, wouldn't the image of been taken down ? Seems a bit odd to me, pulling an update, but leaving the image available to sideload.

A couple of models have 5.0.1 up. Hopefully that's fixed things.

Ed Bergeron

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
My N7 2012 updated about three weeks ago and was indeed very buggy. It seems to be working OK but slow now after a reset. My N7 2013 has yet to get the update notice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty